Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Retro Fighter: Questionnaire

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 20:42
As few of you might know already i'm planning on making a collabo of double dragon and streets of rage for my retro compo entry retro fighter. The game basically takes the theme of these popular side-scrollers but with different characters, stages, etc. Just wanted to ask some questions what would determine how i tackle the production ^_^

1. which do you prefer, double dragon or streets of rage?

2. why do you prefer your choice in question 1?

3. what is it you like about these type of games?

4. Is there any particular thing you would like to see in the remake or anything if you don't see you would be dissapointed?

5. what kind of moves and weapons would you like to use?

6. have you got any suggestions on the design of the stages?

thanks for yoru co-operation and i'll try my best to include at least one of your suggestions
everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 22:12
Way of the Exploding Fist

The be all and end all of fighting games, and the first apart from that funny line drawing thing in the dojo - smooth but no cigar for that one.

Anyway, just in case you missed the emphasis of this post:

There you go

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 03:51
For a textbook reference on this style of game, including all the best weapons, ideas and level design, download "The Punisher" for Mame, or I'll email it 2 ya if u drop me a note Other such games worth looking at are Final Fight, and indeed WOTEF

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 05:36
It isn't finished but the file fistPC.zip might help from this site: http://ses.mgbr.net/.

The site is Spanish but fistPC is downloadable from the front page and the game itself is in English.

If you have an Amiga with AGA chipset or WinUAE you could also try http://www.downloads.remakes.org/lotef.lha which i'm dying to try myself but I put my Amiga hard disk into a PC...

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 06:54
PD:

thanks for the link, i checked out the game and it was cool, never actually played that kinda game b4, i hit win, kinda reminds me of bushido blade on the PS ^_^ i'll definately pick up a couple of pointers from that one. I don't have an Amiga so i can't try out the other though!

Kang:

Yeah, could you e-mail it to me haven't heard of that one too but if it's as good as you say it is then i'm sure i could pick up a thing or two from it

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 12:45
Ok, I mailed it 2 ya. Don't forget you must delete ROMs within 24hrs otherwise its illegal. Although its not 4 me cos I have a copy of the original aracade game Its one of my faves

samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
Double Dragon. It had more jumping and climbing on stuff.

How about some screenshots???

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 23:42
haven't actually made anything yet ^_^ more like gathering and researching ideas right now! yeah thats basically the reason why i preffered double dragon too, the climbing on stuff like building and ladders etc i'll take that into consideration, thanks!

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 17:04
just wondering, how many people have actually played "super double dragon" on the snes or famicom? that was basically the only double dragon title i actually played totally! here are some pics, this is the game one of the games i'm gonna be basing mine on. This was however a very scarce game and made for just the snes so i doubt many people would have played it!

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 13:02
Hey that looks a load better than Double Dragon 1-3

Have you played Punisher yet?

Blazer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 19:11
I have the game, I luved how you could pick up and use practicly anything

As I walk through the vally of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.
- Psalms 23:4
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 01:30
1) Streets Of Rage

2) i'm more familiar with the series, played it on the megadrive way back then.

3) The arcade feel, and accessibility.

4) It shouldn't be too combo loaded, but then again, not to repetitiove.

5) You have to have : Lead Pipe, baseball bat, knife, and most importantly, a bottle that if you hi someone with it, it breaks, then after that it just cuts people.

6) From the retro side of things, make the ultimate boss Mr. X. It's so cliche. Another one is an elevator level.

Who wants cake? I've got a little slice of hell for everyone.
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 18:27
cool, i'll definately take those into consideration, thanks! as for the storyline i've decided to make up my own as though i was making a totally new game but overall will be based on these popular side-scrolling beat-em-ups!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 21:33:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 21:33:10