Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Please help, cant find my answers.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys I recently bought fps creator, I started having a go and I agree it is easy but I have a few questions.
1) If i create a wall and then add a door segment, when I open the door i just see the wall... If i remove the wall, and then add the door, I get space around the door which looks awful, how am I meant to add a door?

2) I made a three story building using the 'Large Wall' on three layers but there is a distinct brown line between each layer/floor. How can I remove this?

3) Where do I get other models such as trees etc? Do you have to make them or buy of people who have made more?

4) I want to make a level where you have to shoot a high ranking official. At the start you have 2 minutes to find a vantage point before the guy comes out of the building, how can i make him come out after a 5 second delay?

5) I want the mission to be displayed in text format at the start.. so it says like
'Do this, Do that', and then has a start option, is this possible?
yeah its me
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2006 23:06
1)are you sure you are using a door SEGMENT and not an entity, if that is the case then you have aproblem with the csg.

2)edit the texture i guess.

try [/href]http://www.turbosquid.com[href] and [/href]3dcafe.com[href]

4)give the official a chase script, and make the door open after 5 seconds with a script using timerstart and timergreater commands, sorry for the bad explanation, im not good at scripting

5 I don´t think thats possible, sorry

may god have mercy upon my enemies, I sure as hell won´t.

-George S. Patton-
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 00:25
1) Don't use the 'large wall' use the room segments.

2) Texture editing, not my specialty.

3) Models and Media section.

4) Yes...
Make a triggerzone and rightclick it, in the ifused feild type the name of the enemy

Copy the txt below and save it in "C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\scriptbank\people" as evil.fpi using notepad.

Quote: ":activated=1,state=0:timerstart,state=1
:timergreater=5000,waypointstate=0:animate=2,waypointstart
:waypointstate=3:animate=2,waypointnext
:waypointstate=4:animate=2,waypointrandom"

Add enemy and change name to what you used in the triggerzone.
Change script to the evil.fpi you just made.

Create a series of waypoints to move the enemy to the point you want.

Enjoy.

5) Yes, look in the scripts section under NPC, same concept, different name.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 07:25:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 07:25:40