Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Few more important questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How do I add a new character? I downloaded a model of the net in .max format, and I realise you can download many other formats. How do I change this to .fpe or whatever? I also downloaded an object in 3ds format?? Thanks

I want to create a map of my home.. none of the building segments are like my home, and there are only 3 different types of building there anyway... how can I go about making my home?
yeah its me
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 15:36
to make a model of your house, you can male it in your favorite modeler, texture it (using one texture, so that can be pretty hard ) export it in .X format, some modelers can export to .X by default but some of them require plugins, if you are using 3ds max you can get the free (i think) .X exporter pandaxporter, try searching the forums, thats where i saw it.

load the character in max and using the pandaxporter, export it to .X, if its not animated, you will have to animate it first, and make sure its all one object, and not several objects and it uses only one texture. the .fpe is just paths for textures and the model itself, scaling and other stuff. .X is the model itself

hope this helped

may god have mercy upon my enemies, I sure as hell won´t.

-George S. Patton-
clowes
Years of Service
User Offline
Thirdly enemy waypoints don't work, the enemy just stays still, and doesn't follow? Why

This easy to use program in my first 2 days doesn't seem that easy to use
Wyatt Earp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 19:19
You have to convert the models to .x format...some models need more than just a simple conversion. You need to learn how to model first, and the stages it takes. You need to animated the model also, unless you want it static.

If you want to make your home, first you need to model it. Again, this could take years. Next you need to take pictures of your walls, roof, floor, objects. Model them, skin them.

Once you are done all this, hope and pray to any and all gods that FPSC will accept the models and work with your custom media.

It may sound easy to add new characters and models in FPS, but it really is a labour intensive process.

Good luck!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 07:27:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 07:27:11