Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multi-player lag?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've just (about) got my first multi-player level working over our LAN... but I seem to be suffering a real lag problem!

When I install the level on my wifes machine (which is sat next to mine) there is a real lag in the players action... I can move my player but my player on my wifes screen has almost a full second lag before it moves!... having said that... the frag-counter etc works fine though... BUT... when I play against my son on his machine (upstairs) the lag appears to get worse AND the frag-counter doesn't work?

Has anyone else experienced this?... cos if the lag is this bad on a dedicated LAN where the furthest machine away from the host is about 40 feet... what the heck is it gonna play like inter-continentally??? lol... btw... all our machines are identical spec... P4's 2.66ghz with 512mb ram & Nvidia 5200 128mb XFX graphic cards!

Is there any way to improve the data transfer rate?
guerilla
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the same problem with the frag-counter!!! I hope somebody can help us!

CCC-GAMES

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 07:24:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 07:24:59