Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Is this a flexible fps creator?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Everyone, I've messed around with may game creating utilities for many actual game platforms (X-box and PS2) I've recently been looking at a computer game maker where I can make games and sell them. However, my main concern is how much this fps creator has with customization and really making your own type of game. For instance does this game go so far as to be able to make a horror fps and a Sci-fi squad based fps?

Thanks for your time
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2006 01:02 Edited at: 17th Feb 2006 01:04
It has quite a lot of features and is very flexible, although a few problems:
No save Game, No flash light (But you can get Night vision goggles)
Check the image to see my horror FPS.
As for the Squad based sci-fi you'll have to create your own script for the friendly AI

Visit http://www.natsam.co.uk to find out about my games.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Doughboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2006 04:02
Most FPSC games look identical to eachother.

But it depends how much work you put into it I guess.
Broken Wing
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok cool, thanks for the replies. I researched the squad-based A.I. and saw it would be a bit difficult to pull off well. The horror genre is one of my favorites so I'm hoping I can pull off a decent horror game with this. I'll check out your horror game Natflash Games. Wish there was a flashlight, but I guess I could work around that b doing some weird things with room lights.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2006 06:55
Quote: "Is this a flexible fps creator?"

YES
You can import your own models, sounds, music, huds, etc.
You can also create the AI of your enemies via Scripting.
You are in control of your game.
It is as flexiable as your imagination.

Just remember one thing.
This is the First Version of this software, so you might find a few bugs.
Updates and improvements are on the way though.

Don't forget to visit http://www.conjured.us/

Support Your Local CE-FPSC Chapter
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2006 10:43
You won't find anything as flexible or user friendly for under £30.

The biggest problem with FPSC is the user. Many people give up after a hour because they can't get the exact look of the game they want, or (more likely) they don't have a certian entity so therefore the game is incomplete. Games tak time and effort and its thanks to FPSC that the time has been reduced. If you want your game to prefect with real-time light and shadows, friendly AI and a sophisticated user interface that allows you to interact with your enviroment, go learn C++, see you in 2034.

If, like the rest of us, you are OK with sacrifising some graphical quality then FPSC is the program for you.

Besides, there are new programs coming out all the time to aid us when making our games. One day, all the problems of FPSC (no save/load game, no flashlights, no vehicles, no friendly AI etc) will have been adressed but for now sacrifises must be made.

Hope this helps,
AE
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2006 16:24 Edited at: 17th Feb 2006 16:42
Quote: "One day, all the problems of FPSC (no save/load game, no flashlights, no vehicles, no friendly AI etc) will have been adressed"

You cant sy that - no one knows that what if any improvements will ever be made - you just have to get on with game making with it or not at using it as is or not. You cant rely on any improvements until they are a reality.

The truth is FPSC is very inflexible, full of instabilities, bugs and issues.

You can make some simple dungeon crawler types of game with it but not a serious, professional type game requireing modern functions and features which it lacks, nor games which require large outdoor areas due to problems with culling, lagg, AI and slow engine speeds.

If you are attempting any kind of modern gamemaking you will have major problems to overcome and yes the inflexibilities of the engine system.

Broken Wing
Years of Service
User Offline
I am by no means expecting this to be able to create commercial quality games, but I am hoping to be able to create a few decent fps's. I should be able to work around some inflexibilities using my past experience with game engines and game makers. Thanks for all your time and help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 07:31:43
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 07:31:43