Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / SWORD latest screens from main menu

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 15:02
I almost forgot about my project Sword ( going to be in fantasy stile JK2 duell mode over internet). Well Heres some screens of the menu I'll need to write more when I get home from school. Gotta go to class...

www.drakportalen.dot.nu
n3t3r453r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 15:23
Looks nice! Good work, but can I give you some advice? In my opinion it is better to make matrix more detailed. Then menu will looks much more better than even now.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 01:00
sounds ambitious but cool
always thought that perhaps JK2 would benifit from a little bungie magic hehee (just a hint)

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 01:34
Um... I'm missing the game I think - Jedi Knight it is not...

The menu's look nice and very well put together but do you have any shots of the game? It's more important to get the game written than the menu's - take it from me i've been used and abused by program listings long enough to know to get the game done first and menu's last - then you know what menu options you need and whether the game warrants extra special menu's or just something thrown on.

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Drakportalen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 10:23
Yeah I have some screens from the game. The problem is that I'll need to animate and model the character before I can devolope the game into what I really like it to be. Everybody knows that JK2 hasw alot of animations on there characters but I have counted and ripped of some part that I don't feel is so necessary for the game to feel smooth and clean. The problem that its still like 15 animations before I will have a steddy running engine. And so far the physics are not so very well developed. As all person who has played Jedi knight 2 the best part is to use the force jump . My idea of the game is to take the part of JK that I think is best (the duel part in multiplayer) and get the influense from that. But the differens is that the map should be just a matrix that is endless because when you are getting close to the edge you will transport to the opposite side of the matrix. There will only bee 2 weapons: The Sword and the Rapid Fire Crossbow. Instead of forces like grip and lightning you will have the oppertunity to use magic in form of a great ball of fire that you can use every time your magic meter is not empty, after using a fireball your magic meter will be decreased. As you can see of this screen shot it's just some test of how I want it to work I will develope it more when I got some structure of how I want the internet connection to work.

[img]http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx?path=/Drakportalen/fullsize/Screenshot78.jpg [/img]

www.drakportalen.dot.nu
Drakportalen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 10:23
Image tag didn't work

www.drakportalen.dot.nu
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 12:15
Your drawing skills appear to be of a very high standard, your images are nice

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
jrowe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 15:51
Looks nice! You could do with some seamless matrix textures though.

For Fathers and Sons who enjoy wholy spirits.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 17:32
lmao... JK2 uses the same animated skeleton for ALL of the player models
i'm sure a good few people know what bungie title in particular i'm thinking about - i mean the Duel mode in JK2 is the ONLY reason i play it, but it still isn't exactly the most enjoyable way for multiplayer gaming.

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:11:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:11:10