Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / changeing the health readout

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2006 02:02 Edited at: 24th Feb 2006 16:12
what 'exactly' do you change to display the head for health instead of the numbers? I know it's in the build menu. I just need to know what gets changed to what. Already did a search, only to find that you can, but not 'exactly' how.
EDIT-I found a script but it doesn't work. Health decreases but the image stays the same.

JEEZ!You people just STFU! You waste more space complaining about people wasting space than the people your bashing! Man, I thought I had no life.
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
like a bar? thats starts of green-yellow-red like that?

Silent Hill
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2006 05:06 Edited at: 21st Feb 2006 05:06
yes there is one already built in to the system somehow. The pics are of a bald man and as you take damage they progressively get bloodier. I just need to know how to activate it instead of the number counter.

JEEZ!You people just STFU! You waste more space complaining about people wasting space than the people your bashing! Man, I thought I had no life.
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2006 13:15
@Disturbing 13

Look at the script i posted in "Image in game". I.e. first when the game starts a picture of a guy is shown in the left corner and when the player gets hurt it switches to another picture with the guy thats bloody, and it keeps on like that. And when the player gains health the previous picture thats less bloody appears so it looks like he is healing. I dont know how to remove the numbers but it can be good to know how much health you have exept the guy.

-The Human Takeovers- Coming Summer 2006
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 02:29
The numbers would be easy, all ya gotta do is make the numbers it uses point to an invisible alphachannelled .tga. I'll give your script a go and see what becomes of it.

Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 11:15
You could also set the number postion's to x=-5 y=-5 and this would force's it off the screen.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 15:59 Edited at: 24th Feb 2006 16:11
I guess this prove's what I said about the search engine on this board-IT'S CRAP!I used search on your quoted phrase and came up with nothing.Gotta direct link?

brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 16:17
The reason you didnt find it, i think, is because there isnt a thread about that exept this.

-Stavros the Zombie Slayer- Coming Summer 2006
Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 17:49
I recall a post from Merry about displaying an enemy's health per hit using the facial grapic's but I cant remember the thread it was in.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 17:52 Edited at: 24th Feb 2006 18:03
@Talairina
I would not recommend forcing things offscreen with negative locations.
This will eventually result in a crash.
Simply call a transparent hud for the numbers like he said.
Or an even simpler method is to edit the setuplevel.fpi after you build the game.
There are only two lines that create the word "Health" and the "Numerical Display".
Here's what they look like...

...just put a semicolon in front of each line like I did in the example.
You can find them easy because the word HEALTH is in the image name of the first line.

@Disturbing 13
Writing a script for those graphics (the bald dude) should not be difficult.
Divide the total health by the number of images.
If you had ten graphics then the Huds change every 50 health if you have 500 total.
If you use 5 images then double that to 100 for each.
Build all the huds first and set them for the same location.
Each time you display one, then hide (unshow) all the others.
I was thinking about doing this, so let me see what I can do.
I'm suprised nobody has already written this script.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 19:23
Quote: "I was thinking about doing this, so let me see what I can do.
I'm suprised nobody has already written this script."

I'm suprise there hasn't been more need for this also, and thanks a bunch! I completely have no time to learn scripting , so I appreciate you working on it. thanks a million!

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2006 02:15
Hey Conjured. how's the script comeing?

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2006 03:54
I'll slip ya a fiver via paypal if ya get it to me soon.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2006 04:18 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2006 04:19
EDIT-Nevermind I'll make a website and post positions.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2006 05:36 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2006 05:36
That was habitar... And I know how to use the search system... be back in a second.

EDIT: Back

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=68105&b=23

Merranvo Nunticaelitusphobic (Scared of Internet)
Noob Justice League, Cause We Have More Fun
Support Merra XJ9, cause the name is cooler.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2006 18:39
That's the one I tried and it didn't work. The face shows up, but doesn't change when damage is taken. Does it only work when a game is compliled or should it work when testing? I wish there was a way to change it as the default when making a game rather than haveing to go through this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:16:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:16:55