Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / What format is Fpsc written in

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2006 05:07
okay i know it sounds wierd but i mean cause im undergoing c+++ classes and i was wondering with c+++ or what other language would i need to know to be able to do things like fix the fps problem cause once i finish my classes or if my teacher wants to help *who just bought fpsc* i bet me and him could fix this whole fps thing so i need to know what language i need to know to fix this problem?

Nunticaelitusphobia---im scuurrred of the internet
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2006 05:28
Dude it's C++ not C+++.
As it has been mensioned here before, FPSC is writen in Dark Basic Pro.

Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2006 08:15
Yes, FPSC Game Engine, Map Editor and FPSC Screem are writen in Dark Basic Pro whit Enhancements PAcks.
The editor GUI is write in Visual C++, in MFC (Microsoft Foundation Class).
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2006 09:01
Quote: "i bet me and him could fix this whole fps thing so i need to know what language i need to know to fix this problem?"

I've got that printed out nice and I'm gonna frame it.

Any idea how arrogant that sounds at all? - just what we need here, another arrogant newbie.

FPSC was written in DBPro, by the dude who wrote DBPro, he uploaded the engine source code so people could mess with it and make their own variations - If you'd said you were gonna try to improve the engine code then I'd still say 'yeah right' but at least you'd be realistic.

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!
Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2006 10:11
Quote: "I've got that printed out nice and I'm gonna frame it.

Any idea how arrogant that sounds at all? - just what we need here, another arrogant newbie."

Amen. I reckon TGC should get a pound for every person that say's "could fix this fps thing" or "im going to make amodel pack". I reckon they would be able to pretty much buy out microsoft (Ok, so their aint quite that many newbies around but you get the picture as Van B showed.)

Tal
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2006 04:42
wow thats pretty messed up im an arrogent noob... jeeze thats pretty messed up... atleast im trying to help the community...if i fix it i swear im gonna just give it to choice people now cuase that was really messed up...

and i ment c++ i just call it c+++ cause i think it sounds better...

Nunticaelitusphobia---im scuurrred of the internet
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2006 01:25 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2006 01:25
Quote: "and i ment c++ i just call it c+++ cause i think it sounds better..."

Thats pretty messed up.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2006 08:41 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2006 09:01
Why is that messed up Bloodeath?

You don't see your comments as arrogant?, I do, maybe you should stop and think about why that is.

Claiming that you can fix the bugs before even knowing the language can only be described as arrogant.

The bottom line is that the engines code is there for coders to mess with, it's in DBPro, and that takes a good year to learn to the extent that you could do very much with it. C++ is a completely different language to DBPro, DBPro is an advanced Basic (with clear syntax though).

Quote: "if i fix it i swear im gonna just give it to choice people now cuase that was really messed up... "

From 'care in the community' to a huff in the space of a post. Your not spiting me, I'm un-spiteable. It's comments like that which reveal your lack of experience with this stuff and further harms your case for not being a noob.

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 21:06
The engine is written in DBpro, the editor is written in C++ (yes, that means the GUI AND the map editor).
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 01:34
I can fix things... just not the stuff that you want fixed.

Van B, how hard is it to make a language? I can make a undred languages, and eet es Ezy! Eet es zo Ezay zat eny 1 can do et! (Who has some programing experiance)
What is hard is making the compiler, if you are to compile into a true exe (you can just make it like an engine and bind the script to the original engine). Even then, that doesn't mean anything. So you made the compiler, so you made the language, you are no different then the people programming with your language. They can still do what you can, so what is the advantage? The only difference is that you KNOW what it can do, and you can add what you need, but in the end run, we are all programmers.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I think Bloodeath should be n00b slapped for his n00biness and arrogance lol

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:26:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:26:25