Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I need your ideas!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2006 03:26
I am trying to think of a good logo for my Sci-Fi G.I.P, which is going to be named either "Project Icarus", "Project Daedalus" or "Daedalus (or Icarus) Command". Any ideas? Or suggestions on the title?

Sledge Hammer's pick-up lines: Your ammo dump or mine? /I feel connected to you... by handcuffs. /Where have you been all my life? Incarcerated? /How about some fine wine and pork chops?
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2006 06:17
Daedalus-Icarus Experiment - DIE

Infusion of ancient and scifi styles, but heavier on the greek mythology - colors etc. UT had a nice woman in armour with wings, something like that, but it was very scifi.

!
Opus Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

It's hard to suggest a logo for a game without knowing a little more about it (although I do quite like Joh's acronym suggestion).

How much of Greek Mythology actually fits in with your game? I'm fond of using it myself and have done so on two separate projects in the past which lead me to read Homer's Iliad/Odyssey amongst other things.

For me it's all about modern interpretation, not only with the game but also the logo - especially since you're producing a Sci-Fi themed game.

For example, the Stargate Atlantis Logo, it's clear, clean & crisp and has that (presumably intended as Atlantean) "A" with the small circle above which adds to the overall effectiveness of the logo.

Title wise I'd personally opt for Daedalus in the title, it sounds more intriguing, and also lends itself well to plenty of reference material that you can use in your game. One thing Daedalus was famous for was building the Labyrinth for King Minos; it might be nice to not only see this as a level in the game but also integrated into the logo either in the background or alongside (and the game icon).

Hope this is of some help, if you can tell me more I'd be happy to give it some more thought.

Cheers,

Opus
Doctor Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 01:35 Edited at: 24th Feb 2006 04:59
WARNING: THE BELOW COMMENT CONTAINS SPOILERS ON THE GAME'S PLOT: DO NOT READ IF YOU LIKE A GOOD PLOT IN YOUR GAMES. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Sledge Hammer's pick-up lines: Your ammo dump or mine? /I feel connected to you... by handcuffs. /Where have you been all my life? Incarcerated? /How about some fine wine and pork chops?
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 04:24
And i need new guns. Oh, what? sorry. yea, it is kinda hard to sugjest a logo, but maybe if you give us some screenes and maybe even a little demo.
Doctor Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 04:58 Edited at: 24th Feb 2006 05:16
I will release the demo/prolouge that is the first level soon.

Also: The game will not change from FPSC's weapons (unless I find a free model of one) or charachters (Again, unless I find a good model of them.) but will have custom segments. In other words, I'm crap at animating . So, thus the game will heavily rely on plot.

EDIT: I have thought up a possible logo... Give me your feedback!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 06:47
mmmmm, too plain, i think.
Doctor Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 07:03
Yeah, I don't have any picture editing programs, so I nabbed an image off google image search, and downloaded a new font on thefreesite.com and slapped 'em together on MS Paint.

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 07:04
well, maybe i can throw something together for ya with photoshop tmarrow. all i need is the dema and some more info on the storyline/game.
Doctor Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 07:07
The demo/prolog will be released very, very soon, maybe on the weekend.

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 07:22
oh, ok.
Doctor Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 07:27
But, scince it is a demo, it will not have the opening cutscene- You will have to wait for that

Opus Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 15:54 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 12:57
Hi,

Looking at your mock-up I’m now actually wondering if you’re looking for a logo or a title screen? Anyway, I’ve attached a mock-up of my own of the logo set against a general space themed image (it’s a composite of stuff found on Google so obviously should only be used for reference).

With regards to the game details I did have a few ideas (in below snippet to avoid spoilers).

Cheers.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Opus Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 18:17 Edited at: 27th Feb 2006 00:25
Apologies for the double post

@ Doctor Evil

How's work on your game progressing? Also just thought I'd mention that your Avatar isn't appearing properly. It's linking to your C drive, it needs to be uploaded somewhere so you can paste the URL into your forum profile.

If you need, you can email me your image (should be approx 50x50 and a jpeg) and I'll put it on my Webspace and send you the URL.

Cheers, OG.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:26:45
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:26:45