Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Model animation - walk cycle

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 11:27
a walk cycle of the skave I made. It might be a bit slow to look at.

- Kjetil
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 12:09
i'd suggest a mirror help with the animation
don't worry about lookin' like a fool

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Kjetil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 12:54
A mirror is a must.

But how about some critics for walk.

- Kjetil
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 14:56
heh cool.

I like it,feels like he's got one heavy walk but maybe you could give the spine a bit more forward pushing when the back foot recoils to get a more "beasty" walk.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 15:10
well it looks really weird because the arms and legs are out of sync ... and as act said he looks a little static.

he's a rat so what you'll want are quick sharp movements - and when he walks you have to take into account his build and what he has.

those hand rake things (god i wish i could remember thier names) do weigh a but... so take that into account.
when you walk forward you body arches forward to start and trys to recorrect itself each step.

and remember make the movements subtle, as walking is a simple gental action don't move him TOO much else it becomes very cartoony

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
n3t3r453r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 15:24
I see mesh transformation in animation. How will you export such model to DBPro?

I am a cat. I have a hat.
I don't like mouse. I live in the house.
Steverino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 16:26
Knees go up a little too high, and wrists stop kind of suddenly near the front of their swing. Not bad, though.

Surrealist writing toy -- http://www.iconpoet.com
Kjetil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 17:10
n3t3r453r: Already done it, and got it working.pandaexporter.
Raven: fighting claws.
Steverino: thanks.

- Kjetil
Siege Delux
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 20:58
Hallo kjetil, du e fra norge???

Det e eg o, kor komme du fra?

Kjetil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 23:25
bor i tønsberg for øyeblikket. Idefagskolen (3d design).

- Kjetil
IpakAgun
Years of Service
User Offline
animation crit: The biggest problem is it looks like you didn't fully animate his axis rotation. For a humanoid walk cycle the opposite hip and shoulder rotate forward at the same time. In thi anim I don't see any hip motion at all and the left shoulder doesn't swivel back behind the body when the right shoulder comes forward. His arms and legs are out of sync also. The opposite arm and leg aren't coming forward together. The head doesn't look forward when he walks either, it sways with the shoulder rotation. The motion of the tail seems to be off also. It should flow from the base where it meets his back, like a piece of grass flutters in the wind. His balance also seems to bet a little off. He's not counterbalancing himself when he moves. The secondary motion in the hands is nice but its a little too slow and overdone even with the weight of the blades. He has a fairly humanoid shape so I'm assuming you want a more humanoid walk. Look at a mirror and walk towards it, then walk sideways to it, or even better snag someone and let them walk in front of you. Hope this helps, and I'm not trying to tear anything down, you have a good start here. If you need any examples I may can send you something to help. jB

Kjetil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 00:41
Thanks, IpakAgun, this is answers that I realy need.

I tried to find some walk cycle pictures (for keyframes). But they were realy bad so I didn't use them. Actualy it's my first walk cycle, so I didn't expect much, but his moving. If you have some examples, mail me. I need it.

I'll try to fix some of the major things done wrong, but I have a lot of animation cycles to make for several persons, so I don't know if I get the time to remake the walk, even if want to.

- Kjetil
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 03:04
wow ipak ... now there's a face i've missed around the forums
welcome to apollo mate (^_^)

hope you'll be a around for a while, and this isn't just a quick visit to see what its like around here

IpakAgun
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll find ou something to use for the walk cycle example. Hello Raven....I was just checking around a bit to see what this forums like. I guess theres no way to attach images here is there? Its alot easier to post them than find somewhere to upload them and then link to the images. I was thinking the old forum had attachments. Later guys

lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 22:20
Try using credo life forms it's what i use for character animation, it's really good i think there are some free versions of this program available on the net i got mine with 3D World magazine, if you get the free version then you will have to run it in compatability mode though for xp.

Sweet
Kjetil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 02:56
Icfcan, I'm using maya, all the way. but thanks for the tip anyway.

- Kjetil
TogaMario
Years of Service
User Offline
Maya = Golden

P.S. This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 08:29
ipak... nah these forums don't have the upload media, mainly for speed and server size reasons if i remember what i was told

(^_^) Raven likes Maya ... and Softimage... and Max... oh wait no i don't like Max ... but i like trueSpace ... and Lightwave hehee

i'm bored, hey did you finish that animation in the end Kj? lol i'd of loved to have seen it. Oh i'd have one tip though, next time you wanna animate a woman grab a girlie who's close by and ask her to ack out what you need
if you're near the Drama Dept. thats even better cause they'll gladly look like a tit in the name of art. (^_^)

Kjetil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 09:09
I started a new one, just to get the training, nothi'n serius. Thinked I needed to train my animation skils before I make any showoff's. Besides it looked keyframed (mainly because it was, and mainly because it didn't touch the animation graph's).

lol, don't like max ehh.. somebody is going to flame you for saying that

I think I'll do the walk once more (if I get time...).

- Kjetil
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 09:18
lmao... if someone does then obviously they have a deathwish this week

Kjetil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 09:20
Imao...? how about K.

- Kjetil
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 10:58
your language raven has become rather unacceptable.

failure to reply without swearing might earn u a temp ban mate.

This is the third post ive had to remove of yours just today.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 11:31
:: eye twitchs ::

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 13:47
Ive had to remove 4 posts of yours just today for swearing.

keep going and youll get banned Permantly.

something u well know of at RGT.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 11:58
Hehe, that's a nice strut! - I like it, but I don't think it suits the model.

To make a nice heavy monster walk you have to use swinging motions and a bounce in his step. Like instead of lifting the knee up then plonking the foot down - try kicking the foot forward while stretching the legs apart, when the foot would normally come down, mimic gravity and drop the whole body until the foot hits the ground - then sorta kick the other leg forward. As a guide, the foot should kick round and at it's most troublesome position (directly beneath the waist) it should be very close to the ground. The arms should do the same, sorta rise up then swing back. All the motions should be exagerated and bouncy - but this is a great way to make your guys look tough and confident.

Van-B
Siege Delux
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 15:07 Edited at: 18th Mar 2003 15:08
Hallo kjetil, eg lurte på om du går på gk eller vk1???

Eg e vildig interesert i 3d design også men er på noe annet en design og programering!!

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 15:25
...and i thought French used weird characters

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Kjetil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 09:51
siege delux: Går på hverken. Faktisk høyskole, idefagskolen for a være nøyaktig, prøv www.idefagskolen.no. Går 3d-design der og betaler helvete og mer for det.

Actarus: Æ æ (Ae)- Ø ø (Oe)- Å å (O as in L[o]ndon).

- Kjetil

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:32:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:32:23