Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Im a little curious

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2006 22:37 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2006 22:38
Im a little curious. There alot of people that are on this forum that are telling others what to do. Im wondering how it is that you intend to enforce what you say. If someone chose to ignore you entirely, all you could do is say something bad to them. I beleive that is called "Flaming". What if they are totally uneffected by your comments? Then what? Will you knock on thier door and force them at gun point to comply?

Just asking because I see alot of it going on. Just wanted to know what someone could do in a case where someone did what they were told not to do by another user.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. We're all noobies at something. Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2006 22:52 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2006 22:55
the reason for the flaming with respect

is due to the fact that some new users come on the forums and break the rules in there posts before reading the board guidelines

either posting pirate material team requests

and some users just want everything doing for them

a lot long time users on this board like bullshock cellbloc chris b and yes my self

spend a lot of time learning to model programming utilities for fpsc and bringing other special things to the community

i cant speak for all new users but some new users just dont read the guidelines before posting

this can be a little frustrating for the long time users

special when we see posts such as

Quote: "ak47 needed thankyou in advance"

where will to help and offer advice in the creation of custom content and models

also posts such as storylines with no screenshots and users who claim to run fake companys

we all here to make games but do it on a sensible level and not live in the fantasy world

i personally hate to see new users flamed needlessly

but its annoying when a new user breaks the board rules

we all have to follow this rules i just wish new users would observe the guidelines better and put some more thought in to there posts

i hope this clears somethings up

regards

crow34
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I understand what you have said crow34, and thanks for the quick response. The question still remains however. What would happen if people just started ignoring the people that are being hard on them?

Will the other user kick them from the forum?
Will the other user lock thier thread?
Will they be denied what little support there is from TGC?
Will the entire FPSC community turn thier backs on the person?

I am really curious is all.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. We're all noobies at something. Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 01:14 Edited at: 24th Feb 2006 01:15
Well it should never get to that point. there is a thing called integrity "The ability to do what is right when no one is looking"
If people would follow the integrity rule you wouldn't have to put them in line and as far as showing up and knocking on thier door and going jay and silent bob on them is slim to none and against the law. But I'm sure people have been banned before for doing dumb things. we just have to rely on people to actually read things before they post. but unfortunently this is not the case. and people are going to do what they want. so think of it as a way to blow off steam. and I agree with crow to many people try to live a fantasy of "hey I'm creating a game I must be a company" which not so. live to the means of your budget and never call yourself a company until you have a regular supply and demand for the product you made, and I doubt that is going to happen with this engine any time soon.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Reality Forgotten,

I agree with your assesment. Making one game doesnt make a company. However a business license does, even if the company doesnt do anything. Good call on the idea that some reading should be done before asking a question. I also agree that FPSC is a very long way away from being the choice of serious game makers. "jay and silent bob", very funny!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:24:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:24:49