Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Railroad Pack Not Textured

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I purchased both the railroad and road pack at www.accode.com and for some reason I can't seem to be able to receive any support from the owner of the program.The road pack is working ok but for some reason I can't seem to get any textures with the railroad. I would appreciate if somebody would have a suggestion for me. I did asked support at accode.com and the only thing that they said was "We don't have any problems with our compiled games. Please send your compiled game to us and we try to solve your problem." I understand that I didn't pay a lot of money for the product but I would still like to be able to use the files. Could you please assist me? My first level compiled is 220 Megs, how can did be done to be able to find the problem. I extracted the file just like I did for the road pack but to no avail.. still not textured.

Thanks for your time

Zenthek
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 06:51
i would never buy anything from www.accode.com...

for those of you that werent here a while back when those packs were released... the person who ran accode.com was, in my opinion, not legitimate.

he was releasing model that werent his own, and implied that they were his, he was stealing ideas from the forum and making them into products, he was stealing scripts and selling them...

although some people say that there is nothing wrong with that, and that its perfectly legal, well, thats true. but i think that its very bad morals.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Bullshock is right about accode. Those models were not created with FPSC in mind. Many of them contain more than one texture per model, which is not compatible with FPSC.

The dog he had on the site was a direct ripoff, someone called him on it. So its likely the other models are ripoffs as well, especially since no one would who knows what they are doing would create models in this way for FPSC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Zenthek
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Thanks for the reply much appreciated. I hope that nobody else will be buying anything from him.

What a scammer, at least he could've had the decency of trying to help. I only wanted to know if it was the .fpe that was the problem or a missing texture.

Thanks guys for confirming. I wonder can I cancel my credit card order?

Zenthek
Trisect Development
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 13:14
Well I did buy those pack allso and I allso have texture problems.

Its a shame if its a ripoff, and I will buy no more from them.

BUT I allso have the same texture problems as Zenthek, so how can we fix em?

Sig removed!
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 15:12 Edited at: 25th Feb 2006 15:14
Unfortunately there is no single quick fix.

First you would have to combine all the textures to one single texture in an image editing program like Photoshop.

Then you would have to open the model in a modeling program and completely redo the UV mapping using your condensed texture. This method would give the best result.

(But for more experienced 3ds max users, a quick fix would be to open the model as it is, and use the "render to texture" function to generate a new single texture. Your new UV coordinates would be calculated automatically.)

Bottom line: Unless you have experience with modeling, I'm afraid there is no quick fix.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 15:13 Edited at: 25th Feb 2006 15:14
oops double post...

Zenthek
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

Thanks bond1 hyrumark for your explanation. I actually did what you said and I now have a textured wagon7 (from the railroad pack). It comes out very nicely textured but now I'm struggling has to what to do with the .x and the renderered .tga file. I will need to look more on the forum for importing and creating the .fpe file required.

p.s. here is a screenshot of the wagon7 textured

Thanks

Zenthek

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 01:50
Hmm... monster packs.
Number 1 on my list of legalized piracy!

He came out with all of those packs a week apart from each other... and although some people do say that I was the first with a JetPack, it was actually him... but I did release one about 6 hours later. Fully tweeked and ready. The reason? Ohh, here is a monopoly jetpack script, buy me! Mabey I should have sold my jetpack... and all of my scripts. I would be richer then I am now (pulls out a meager 1) but that wouldn't be me... I like helping, it is just in my nature.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 02:04 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 02:06
Yeah,
Don't buy his Street-Pack either.
Buy mine instead.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 02:11
yeah,
Dont buy his menu maker either,
Download mine instead (when its done)

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 02:20
Yeah,
BullShock's stuff rocks.

Dude, I can't wait to rig a mesh on that skeleton.
I would rather create characters than design levels, etc.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 03:58 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 04:00
see, its funny because most of that stuff was finished before or right after V1 came out, but i kind just had it sitting on my hd...

i knew i wanted to make a free stuff site, but never did...until now (http://www.fpsmods.co.nr)

Quote: "BullShock's stuff rocks"

thanks

but not according to Raymondj:

Quote: "Hey Bullshock2 your software sucks"

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 04:42
Does that railroad pack into curves?

I could do all that+curved and combined rails for free. What a lame pack to sell.

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 05:13
Tim, acording to raymond, this whole place is f*cked up the ass. Which is probobly why he is still here.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 03:05
According to Fake Ray J, the Sheep will TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!

Megaton Cat, even if any of his packs were made by him, they basically all contain 6 models. He just changes the RBG levels in each of his textures and calls it a different model. It is nice, in his forest pack, that he stole a real tree. Unlike many of those trees out there that use minimum polys and have a 2 section for the leaves (u no?) the ones he has use multiple sections to form a much more realistic version of a tree.
Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Megaton Cat,

Sure wish your pack was ready for FPSC. Any thoughts on that subject for the future?

http://www.webzsphere.com
Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:16:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:16:41