Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiplayer problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Please help O.K hears what my problem is I build game then play it but the main menu items are new game and exit game...I click new game it says waiting for other players...

Do you really need a signature
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 10:27
rebuild it but try it small, use two rooms and two characters, and try testing that one.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 18:45 Edited at: 24th Feb 2006 18:47
NO NO NO!
This is the "Waiting to Join" BUG.
You cannot try to use the Level Editor when building an Arena.
You must edit the FPI scripts manually after you build.
This is a known bug (the oldest) so search it.
There are many lengthy discussions about it, so let's not go through it again here please.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 22:22
It has happened to me, i just got a "new and Freh" Arenapage.fpi and then it worked fine again...

---->Yeah baby! Yeah!<----
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 23:06
same here

Because no n00b is a good n00b.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 02:37
funny how things fix themselves.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
killer gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay thanxs guys really appreciate it

Do you really need a signature
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 20:08 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 20:09
The build dialogue box settings in MP mode are a mess and have been since FPSC beta, though that was not accepted by TGC. Use the defaults and edit the result in the final game build folder if you want to change the settings and replace the any default media with your own. You can change some settings in the editor dialogue box successfully but the whole lot of settings in that box are unstabe and behave erratically in MP game mode so its best left well alone.

As to the "Waiting to Join" message - I dont believe that happens for any one definative reason but more likely its behaviour and appearance is about as erratic under differing circumstances and amongst various users as is the behaviour of the dialogue box and is partly due to the erratic and unstable behaviour of the MP environment and during MP level complie.

Personally I tracked down long ago my own waiting to join error down to having teleporters in my MP levels and thats an absolute certainty - I tested it out long and hard enough to prove this to be the case. It has nothing in my case to do with ports or firewalls or any of the other suggested solutions. Changing any such settings never, ever made any difference to me - my firewall is a far more accurate and professionally well designed piece of software than is FPSC - without any issues - which is not the case with FPSC (MP environment at least) which is where the fault lies.

Simply - my MP games using exactly the same game levels and settings (or different ones) with a teleporter in them return a permanent waiting to join error - remove the teleporter and recompile and the game works fine - try it as many times as I like the result is the same. No teleporter = no problem.

Others get the waiting to join message and dont have teleporters in their levels (could be another no - no entity or setting used) so it certainly can be caused for more than one reason and that is not defined to specific perfection.

If you cant isolate your problem in a particular case then you would be best to forget MP until the update and see if anythings been done to improve any of it.

MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmmm... I also have a multiplayer problem... the game looks fine, all the buttons, host join etc. But when I host, my friends can't join. I think... (IM SURE) that I need to forward ports... But which ones? I already forwarded port 6112 cuz i read that any port would work... but it isnt working. Any ideas?

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:20:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:20:54