Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / AhHHH! how annoying can this actually get??!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 19:03
GGGGRR! lol I have recently bought fps creator and I'm doing fine making games... BUT... whenever I have an outdoor bit in the map the game suddenly goes to like 1 frame per second whenim outside! What is going on here???
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 20:19
proly your computer. specs?
ZedGames Admin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 21:21
YOU HAVE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!
my computer specs are INSANE!!! it is impossible for this to run slow, as this is my computer specs below...
ALienware AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Processor
Alienware Liquid Cooling with AlienIce 2.0 Video Cooling
4GB Low Latency Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at 333MHz
Dual 512MB PCI-Express x16 NVIDIA GeForce™ 7800 GTX - SLI Enabled
3 hard drives ALL 1 TERRABYTE EACH!!

NOW U JUST TELL ME HOW FPS CREATOR WOULDNT WORK ON MY COMPUTER??
lost for words??
well thats how confusing this problem is, AND GAME CREATORS I NEED HELP!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 21:46 Edited at: 24th Feb 2006 21:55
Your answer is in the PDF Manual that came with the software.
Look on page 78, Chapter 11 - Guidelines.

Your scene is probably too large to render by the engine regardless of your specs.

PostScript
That computer sounds like it may be too much for you.
You should donate it to my Church.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
ZedGames Admin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 21:59
kwl thanks, but why dont the game creators allow people to create HUGE scenes?? i find this pretty stupid, as most commercial FPS games have huge levels, and i thought TGC said that you can create commercial quality games!? im now looking for a better fps engine unless you want to prove me wrong....
thanks for the help though
ultraplex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 22:09
welcome to the jungle

Never eat yellow snow
Obbidiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 23:12
Welcome to the MAD,MAD,MAD World of FPS Creator.

No Husband was ever killed while doing the dishes !!!!!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 23:30
Quote: "ALienware AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Processor
Alienware Liquid Cooling with AlienIce 2.0 Video Cooling
4GB Low Latency Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at 333MHz
Dual 512MB PCI-Express x16 NVIDIA GeForce™ 7800 GTX - SLI Enabled
3 hard drives ALL 1 TERRABYTE EACH!!"

yeah...and...

im a farmer, and my pigs fly...

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 23:41
he'd have to have like 10 grand for that, specialy from alienware.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 00:04
MAD,MAD,MAD World of FPS Creator... good movie.

I don't belive anyone who says they have as powerful computer as you do. Just as I don't believe anyone who says they work for a gaming company and this product poped up on their list. You may be truthful, you may be lying. But why would your problems exceed my own?

You can't have massive scenes, but you can have some... just keep them small and add cliffs and stuff... you know. Poly blockers.
Randivark
Years of Service
User Offline
so how big does a fpscreator game have to be for it to run amazingly slow? like over 1 km in 3dspace or 50 meters?.... or 2 feet? like about?

The More Rules, the more violence...
ZedGames Admin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 10:12
uhh yeah... lol soz guys for boasting, but I copied those specs straight from my computers receipt! but anyway who cares about that? ok.... but heres another question... can you sell your own games through a public shop? (like my mum works in a shop so u know)
and things like a market!? and finally... why did TGC release FPS Creator with all those INSANE bugs? T3DGM HAS LESS BUGS THAN THIS!!!
Wyatt Earp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 19:45
My guess is they needed to be first to market.

Get it out before the graphics, sound, engine etc. is waaay too old and no one cares. As it stands, anything made with FPSC looks like it is 5 years old or older. If they waited another 2 years to fix everything up....well it would probably be canned.

I understand you can sell your games for how much you want with no royalties etc. Good Luck!
himynameisali
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 20:11
Quote: "welcome to the jungle"

we've got fun and games
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 21:59
Quote: "why did TGC release FPS Creator with all those INSANE bugs? T3DGM HAS LESS BUGS THAN THIS!!!"

well i think its pretty nice,because you need to get around the bugs,errors etc.

so its pretty chanlenging,but also very nice.

it is the coding part gone BUT still you have to solve problems when making the game(like not making it too long or difficult without save-load function)

so if there was no bug the chanlenge would be at LVL0 and the fun would be off very fast.

this all is my opinion,if yours is different i understand because if everyone had the same thoughts it would be very anoying.

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
DaniCrais
Years of Service
User Offline
this is just lame ...
DaniCrais
Years of Service
User Offline
the only good thing about fpsc is the easy-to-use map editor ..

1 hour into it and i rather go back to directx's thousands lines of code that this crapy software ..
good thing it was a present from a friend and i didnt spent any money on it, what a waste that would have been ..
what in hell is wrong with you people ... compacting the hole game into an exe !!??
what if i want to make a larger game? .. say 400mb .. i'm gonna end up with an exe that big ??!! .. thats just stupid .. really stupid
and the engine .. looks worse than quake2 and acts up more than HL2 on full res .. not even the HL2's short techy addon behaved this badly on my pc !!!

improve the bloody engine more .. damn it ..

there so much free professional game sources on the net you can use as inspiration: Q3, RTCW, ST Elite Force, even Far Cry if you know where to look
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
ZedGames Admin,

Its the software. It does closed in spaces really well for the most part. The bigger the space that you have to look across, the slower the frame rate.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. We're all noobies at something. Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 02:23
God..Here we go again. Picking on the new guy are we gang? Hey Bullshock2 your software sucks. I'll stick with tgc's version of it.
Don't quit your day job.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 02:26 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 02:52
You waisted your money on alienware. 80% name 20% actualy cost. And I seriously doubt you have 3 hard drives at a terra a piece, since having a hard drive of that size is counter productive with just 1 let alone 3 of 'em. And according to your specs you spent between 3500 and 4000 for your system. since base alienware gaming systems start at around 2200 bucks. And you say you are running just one processor? Uhm seems with that hardware you would almost have to run a dual processor just for your hard drives. even though the amd 64-60 is dual core. And well for 800 british pounds (1,396.97 US Dollars)I guess you can't go wrong but a bit steep for a processor that has new technology in it. What type of power supply you running? I do like the 4 gig ram though (I have 3 gig on my board) and dual 512's that is sick. I want to know what motherboard you have. man so in the processor and hard drives you have roughly 2,500 us dollars wrapped up in it. and the gig sticks are about 100 bucks a pop so now you are up to 2,900 bucks. and slap a 25% price hike for alienware brings you to 3,625. and then enclude the monitor Which I'm sure you have like a 17 inch and thats another 150. (3,775) plus about 1676 for both video cars brings it to a total of around $5,451 give or take a few dollars but not much. I dont know man that is alot of loot for a system to waiste it on the FPSC engine (no offense TGC) But I would still like to know what motherboard you are running. (I can be way to analitical sometimes)
man seems a bit much to use on this engine.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 02:34 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 04:30

I believe him, and I want it.

You are right about paying for the name, but all Brand names are like that.
They all claim to stand for quality and convenience, but you're really just paying for the name.

This cheapo motherboard looks good to me...
Asus K8N

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 02:46 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 02:52
Quote: "God..Here we go again. Picking on the new guy are we gang? Hey Bullshock2 your software sucks. I'll stick with tgc's version of it.
Don't quit your day job. "

hey ramondj,

can you post that in my thread? that thread is for suggestions about my software, not this one.

i wasnt picking on him, as a matter of fact, the probability of a machine like that is very low.

i have a very rich freind who enjoys game design as well, and she doesnt even have a machine to those specs...

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 02:54 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 02:55
yeah read what I figured out above (5,451 bucks) is a bit much. And I seriously doubt the amount of hard drives and video cards. no offense man just reality of things. considering you would be hard pressed to find a mother bnoard that can support that set up. But if this system really exsists in a home setting then you need to get a job in hollywood making CGI for movies.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 03:13
To have your games run well, with high fps, you need to block the players view over long distances. But I dont really know if fpsc blocks what you cant see, as in it renders the whole game at once.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 03:20 Edited at: 27th Feb 2006 02:43
yeah still though you will get laggy spots in outdoor maps. I am trying to sort a problem with one spot that the frame rate goes to zero. Hopefully I can fix it or redesign the map to resovle the issue

-- Winston Churchill
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Raymond J,
Please do not jack other people's threads with talk of what should be in another one.
Bullshock 2,
Actually I think your software was great. Thanks for releasing it to us.
Zedgames Admin,
You need to put poly blockers inbetween big oepn areas. Some good poly blockers are:
Stairs, turns, Doors with short corridors behind them etc.
As long as you keep putting things in to block poly rendering, your fps should remain fine.

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 22:20
Stop provoking BULLSHOCK2 HIS STUFF IS NICE! RAYMOND J Until I see you Giving Good stuff like that away for free, i would like you to stop Complaining!
You *****

---->Yeah baby! Yeah!<----
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 05:59
If you hate bullshox's stuff... Then you should love mine!

if you find yourself in trouble, the word noob will help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:25:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:25:32