Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiplayer game start black screen of death...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi.. I'm new to FPSC and just tried to follow the tutorial to make an arena game... the single player tutorial ran just fine... however, when I go to run the arena.exe, it asks me about the windows firewall (I say to unblock).. and then I just get a black screen and all the windows are locked.. I need to CTRL-Alt-del to kill the arena.exe to continue.. any advice?

PC Specs:
XP
3.0 Athlon 64
nvidia 6660GT SLI
1GB dual channel memory

Thx for the help!

- always full of flavor!
Pesto126
Years of Service
User Offline
No one? I found another thread where this was a problem and that user fixed it via reinstall.. but that didn't work for me. Anyone please? thx!

- always full of flavor!
Origin
Years of Service
User Offline
acctually...
The black screen of death is a hardware crash where you need to restart you computer to make it operate again...

Why should you care?

WWW.BREAK.COM
RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 04:37
Is that all the tech support you jerks can offer???????????????????!!!
Like nobody with a PC would know that....Right! Ok.. TGC FIX YOUR SOFTWARE NOW!
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 04:58
i have a friend who has this same issue. no solution yet. sorry.

might be a firewall issue, try closing down all programs that may interfere with fpsc's ability to access the internet.

Because no n00b is a good n00b.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 19:41
Actually the balck screen is not necessarily anything at all to do with anything other than FPSC so dont just assume that Windows has crashed.

Running my MP games over LAN (dont play over the web) I have a black screen (both machines) while windows ceases to function though theres not a thing wrong with it - patience is required as FPSC takes over your environment while it does what it does (not even Lee knows what) in apparently waiting or seaching for - again who knows what before it decides its waited long enough and loads the game quite perfectly as it should after wait for it - 10 minutes of nothing more than the balck screen. At the time of waiting at the black screen not even the windows clock will work - Windows itself freezes - but comes back to lifs as soon as FPSC has done what it needs to and loads the game. FPSC just takes over while loading and grabs all the cpu time effectively disabling Windows and everything else.

Thats my MP games. Works perfectly but just takes the 10 minutes to load in both server and the joining machine.

Just go make a cup of tea while you wait.

Mind you you could be waiting forever - but thats how it works with me.

No other probs just a 10 minute wait.

Nothing wrong with that you might say - even a one level of an SP game takes 5 minutes to load with me and I have big systems so I guess in terms of wait time when you are talking FPSC anything can happen and usually does.

I would suggest the original poster give it some time before deciding to exit and see what happens.

Of course nothing may happen no matter how long you wait but its worth a try before ruling out FPSC is just working away trying to load the game.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2006 01:51
oh, like the loading of regular maps?

Merranvo, The Cool One
Noob Justice League, Cause We Have More Fun
Support Merra XJ9, cause the name is cooler.
Pesto126
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG.. 10 minutes to load a freakin map? Perhaps I mistakenly purchased this product wayyyy before it was ready for primetime..

I mean.. I didn't think to create the new WOW or anything.. but I assumed I could add a single control room to an arena and then create an exe and actually try running around it on my LAN..

But - it just black screens on me..

Oh well.. maybe I'll wait the 10 minutes to see if anything happens.. but 10 minutes? LOL....

Thx for the advice.. perhaps the devs would address this?

- always full of flavor!
MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey man... My friend has the same prob as you have... Have you got the latest drivers? Does the SP (single player) work for you? (SP Works for him, but MP doesnt, even if he waits 13 minutes lol )
Pesto126
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah.. Latest video drivers? why would that matter.. SP works just fine.. it's only multiplayer.. any other advice before I abadon this software? Real shame really...

- always full of flavor!
ZED_nL1
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi i have the same problem on my notebook when playing mutliplayer
Single player maps work great and load fast but multiplayer wont start
I have not tried to wait 10 mins but i shall test this..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:22:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:22:59