Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Original royalty free scores....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Guys,

I'm producing a package of Original royalty free scores for video game and film. When finish the package will have 15 original full-score tracks in several different formats. Each track would be between 10 minutes to 15 minutes in length which you can edit in any music edit program.

How much would you pay for something like this? I was thinking maybe $59?

Any requests?

I have attach a sample of our work...

Is there anyway to get your company Logo at the beginning of the game?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Opus Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Listened to the sample, nice and an appropriate tile. My concerns however would be:

1. The Pricepoint - At $59 that's twice what I paid for FPSC. I feel a better way would be High Volume/Low Cost, ie; more tracks (probably shorter) and a lower price. Any resource pack that is aimed at what is a largely non-commercial community and costs more than the original software is unlikely to suceed (IMHO).

2. The Target Audience - You mention Games & Film, which to me suggests a potential Professional Target Audience. If that's the case then you aren't charging enough! Game Devs for example will happily pay more than double that for a CD packed with themed music (again, lots of tracks all short in length - that can be easily looped).

3. The Competition - I've not been on these Forums long but I've already come across people offering their musical ablilities for little to nothing (Mr Scarab & Antonio spring to mind).

4. The Diversity - My biggest concern with buying any CD of music would be that if you are (and I hope you are) successful then what I have is a Game full of music identical to many other FPSC creations that are using it too.

Perhaps you could consider separate Non-Commercial and Commercial license pricepoints.

Good luck.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 18:12
fifty-nine dollars for a music pack?!? that seems a little pricey, but i have never bought a music pack before so i dont know how much they uselly are, but uh, um, $59.00?!?!?

ps music is good though

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 19:35
Its not pricey. Infact, for 15 tracks that long, its a damn good price. Although, everything depends on licensing.
Kazzurie Studio Sounds
Years of Service
User Offline
Music pack range from $99 to $500

I got a email from "apollo" How about this I make the tracks shorter and than you'll have almost a 100 original tracks that is easily looped. This package will just be for games.

Do you want a Non-Commercial package too? I would lower the price to about $19.99 for the non-commercial package.

Licensing would be unlimited use some places have a 5,000 unit limited use. All we ask is that you give us credit...

This is just volume one of a series hopefully I'll put out one every other month.

Attached another sample...

Attachments

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
nice song, i am also making music but i am more into techno...

do you have a website?

kallikúkurerekkicool

Attachments

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 00:00 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 00:16
Quote: "Any requests?"

Yeah, a lower price.

($59 is more than I paid for FPSC!)

You guys are Musicians, so you will be making many more than 15 songs in the future.
Why not set up a shopping cart?
Then each customer can select the individual songs they want and purchase them per song.
Then you could have a minimum order like $5 or $10, so your transaction fees don't kill you.
That 30 cents or more base fee per transaction on merchant accounts adds up.
Anyway, I hate having to pay for a whole album when there are only two or three songs I like.
Maybe I will like them all, and if so then I could buy them all.
I just think its better for the buyer this way, and we want the customer happy right?

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Kazzurie Studio Sounds
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "nice song, i am also making music but i am more into techno...

do you have a website?"

Not yet, we are developing one...

Quote: "($59 is more than I paid for FPSC!)

You guys are Musicians, so you will be making many more than 15 songs in the future.
Why not set up a shopping cart?
Then each customer can select the individual songs they want and purchase them per song.
Then you could have a minimum order like $5 or $10, so your transaction fees don't kill you.
That 30 cents or more base fee per transaction on merchant accounts adds up.
Anyway, I hate having to pay for a whole album when there are only two or three songs I like.
Maybe I will like them all, and if so then I could buy them all.
I just think its better for the buyer this way, and we want the customer happy right?"

On our planned website we will sell individual songs that will not appear on any of the volumes. I talked to my team and we come up with this.

Non-Commercial version will retail for about $25 you will get unlimited use all we ask is for credit, 30 easily looped original royalty free scores with lengths from 1 to 2 minutes.

Commercial version will have 70 more easily looped original royalty free scores then the non-commercial version with lengths from 1 to 2 minutes. Retail about $59.95 also you will get unlimited use. That $40 less then our competitiors.

We are also looking to add a editing software to the package.

Now

I need some genres...

A division Of Kazzurie Films LTD...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:15:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:15:41