Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiple Teleporters in one Level

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am ne to FPS Creator, but I have start creating a two level Arena map. I plan to use teleporters to move between the levels, one set for going from level 5 to lvl 6, and one set for going from lvl 6 to 5. The trouble is, the teleporters don't work. I have looked over past forum threads and found nothing related to my question.
I named one set Ain and Aout, and the other two teleporters Bin and Bout. They don't work. I walk into the Ain teleporter, and I hear the teleporter sound, but I don't teleport. The manual says that you can have multiple teleports by renaming them, but I am not sure how this should be done. Can anyone help me?
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 20:43
You're trying to make teleporters that go from 1 level to another?

It's not possible i'm afraid, when you re-name a teleporter and ask it to teleport you to (for example) Aout, it searches for a teleporter in that level only, not the next of previous level.

You can fake it by having a winzone in the same place as your teleporter but i doubt you can go back to that level.

AE

Origin says i'm l33t

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 01:19
or a win zone on a teleporter and a sign on the next lvl that could take you back by another teleporter and win zone and the next lvl be the one before the second level...

Nunticaelitusphobia---im scuurrred of the internet
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 14:35
you can't go back between lvls, only forward... and you can't decide which lvl you want to go forward into
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 15:16
Teleporters don't work in Arena levels, unfortunately.

I assume you were using the word 'level' as in 'floors'.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 15:25
You wanna bet transient? I do...

Mabey FPSC won't let you do it by it's click point interface... but if I can't get them to work... I am not the guy I say I am.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 19:25
I had teleporters working in an MP game - they always did with me - though they proved to be the sole reason for the dreaded "Waiting to Join" message so I took them out - no option as the WTJ was permanent.

Relpaced them with ladders.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 21:09
sorry it took so long... I had to leave

add this to anything you wish to be dynamic
ishealth = 1
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 01:06
When you try to put teleporters into an Arena level they default to static.

I thought this would have been a bit of a giveaway that they weren't supposed to be used.

It also says in the manual that you can't use dynamic entities except weapons, ammo and health. If there are ways to abuse this system, that's cool, but I won't be doing it.

The problem with the answers in this thread was that people (understandably) misunderstood his question.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2006 01:07 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2006 01:19
The problem with you, transient, is that you don't try anything.
Add ishealth=1 to the FPE file of ANY entity, and it will be dynamic by default.

NVM the above statment. I mis-read your post.
Why am I leaving it there? Because to remove a statment and replace it is cowardish and makes people think of worse things.

I don't consiter it abusing the system, primarly the system was set up to prevent the entire game being made out of dynamic entitys. The fact that some entitys are not dynamic means only that they can be dynamic yet were chosen not to. This is also based on minimum system requirements. To keep the system requirments down, you reduce what the engine will allow you to do. MP requires more power, so naturally you take out the scripts and physics to make it faster. There is no doubt that scripts and physics can RUN in an MP game, it is just that you will need a powerful computer to run it propperly.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2006 04:14
Quote: "you can't go back between lvls, only forward... and you can't decide which lvl you want to go forward into "

OK the back to a level I knew about but you can't decide what level you go to when you go forward!!That's just insanely useless!! So what you are saying is when you get to the end of a level, and make a level switch, you have no choice in the level that gets switched to? Please tell me that I am totally misunderstanding what you are saying.

JEEZ!You people just STFU! You waste more space complaining about people wasting space than the people your bashing! Man, I thought I had no life.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2006 08:31
No, you are right. You can go from (e.g.) lvl 1 to lvl 2, not lvl 1 to lvl 2, 3 or 4, only 2.

AE

Origin says i'm l33t

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2006 08:44
@merranvo

I agree that your idea has merit.

I just don't want to do something that might upset FPSC and be a pain in the arse for me to fix.

I'd actually like to see more people using this engine in creative ways.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2006 18:14
@Avenging Eagle- Oh good. I was seriously about to give up on FPSC if that were the case.

JEEZ!You people just STFU! You waste more space complaining about people wasting space than the people your bashing! Man, I thought I had no life.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:16:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:16:46