Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Compiling FPS-GAME in DarkBasic Pro - MFC71.DLL Error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has run into this. I have taken the source code that is available for the FPSC-Game.exe in the 5.9 updates extras folder and compiled it exactly as it exists, no modifications whatsoever. When I replace the original fpsc-game.exe in the fps creator directory, I get an error that says MFC71.DLL cannot be found. The DLL does in fact not exist on my system.

I don't want to start installing new DLL's if I do not have to, I was under the impression that this project should be able to be compiled on a system that runs Dark Basic Pro with the 5.9 Update.

Please advise,

GNT Midnight
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 15:15
you need the enhancment pack
GNT Midnight
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the response. I apologize for the delay, but TGC is still approving my posts before publishing them.

I have installed the Enhancements pack, as well as the 5.9 upgrade. Do I need to include a file in my project? I am a strong Visual Basic Developer, but this is our first outing with Dark Basic. I am uncertain as to how to add references to DLL's or components.

Regards,

GNT Midnight
GNT Midnight
Years of Service
User Offline
Just to close out my own thread, I was able to get this working by copying the mfc71.dll that is located in the dark basic pro compiler sub-dir into the FPS Creator directory.

Code compiles and runs perfectly. We have already taken a world map that was running at 22 FPS on a Pentium 4 3.00 GHZ 512 MB Ram and it is now running at a sweet 50 FPS with very minor adjustments to the code.

There is no doubt in my mind that the combination of the FPS Creator Suite and the ability to modify the FPS Engine with Dark Basic Pro will allow our company to launch a competitive game product in the current marketplace.

Thanks for the response to this thread.

GNT Midnight

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:22:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:22:41