Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Character Models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
lol, sense alot of people are shwoign off a few of there humanoid models why dotn I show off one of my badly done models. lol, dont mind how they are standing it makes them easier to Rig.(the top one is my first model and the second one is my second one) They are rounded so that they can be cell shaded. I have severall different swim suit textures for my second models bathing suit.)

Thanks,
Brad
Kjetil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 07:00
Great, now a humanoid epoch on the forum, LOL.

You got a low poly for those?

I like it a lot more when posing model's like your first one, couse on the second one (yes it easier to bind the model but..) it makes the ik-work much harder.

As always I would be interested in knowing the program used, I would guess max, and know if there is a picture of the wire avible for me to study

Didn't like the phong material on the second one though, lol.

- Kjetil
Sycleoth
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I used Lightwave 3D(Thank you NewTek!). And this model I guess you can say isnt for games it is about 18 thousand polys and I will have to make a wireframe render soon. Inverse Kanetics are cool in a way, but wieght maps are evil. lol, I have to develop my Animation skills for the future, but for now ship modeling is my thing.

Thanks,
Brad
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 08:32
on 18k polys weighing is gonna be a bitch'an'ahalf
try not to use so many polygons from the start ... you'll get a much better look and feel if you start off with the basic outlines and then poly edit in the details, finishing off with a nurbs mesh smooth

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Sycleoth
Years of Service
User Offline
This model at first was about 1000 polys, and then I used Lightwave's Subpatch(meshsmooth for MAX users) and then froze the model, it gives me more mesh to work with when I do this, And I make weight maps before I convert this to Subpatch.

Thanks,
Brad
Kjetil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 13:17
I just thought you had to hit the magic tab button, lol.

- Kjetil
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 00:23
SubPatch and MeshSmooth are very different tools
can achieve the same results sometimes, but SubPatch and HDRS would be more accurate

generally with my work they have 4 levels of work,
Base Model -> UV Mapping -> Refine Mesh -> Section Polygon Multiply

depending on what he model is, machine/man/animal/planet etc... depends on who i smooth it, but usualy i do it to sections which are detailed and then smoothed

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Sycleoth
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the clearafication, I dont use MAX Thanks for your replies and sorry about not adding the wireframe, I have been cought up in work....

Thanks,
Brad

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 11:52:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 11:52:18