Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Ramp to next floor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 15:53
Is there a way to make a ramp from one floor to the next in FPS Creator?

Lugan
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 16:57
Should be straightforward. I'd try and keep them as segments, but if you chop a segment vertically into 3 bits, that's the heights you should use, so your ramp goes up 1 unit per 3 - like 3 segments each for a different part of the slope.

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 18:23 Edited at: 8th Mar 2006 22:49
Since segments are equal sided squares in FPSC, in order to find the distance of a flat segment that will reach floor to floor i.e. corner to corner one segment high, is by using the Pythagorean Theorem to find the hypotenuse of a right angled triangle which is: a squared + b squared = c squared. You then take the square root of c squared to get your correct length to model your ramp. I made an explanation of this in ms paint. See attachment. The numbers I used are irrelevant and for demonstration purposes only. You will use what ever model dimensions you use in your modeling program, its all relative. Make sure to pay attention in math class kids, it is really important.

Lon

Edit: I also wanted to mention that this formula will work for whatever angle grade ramp you might require. The example I attached was for a ramp going to another floor 1 segment by 1 segment. You could use it to figure out for a ramp that is 5 segments long angling up to 3 segments high. This can also be used to calulate the lengths of angled walls that you want to match up with existing segments as well.

Lon

[url=http://www.chiselbrain.com]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lugan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 19:23
This is a dumb question, but I will ask it. How would I make the segments to do this?

Lugan
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 15:06
You would use a modeling program like Milkshape to model the flat rectangle to the correct dimensions and use the segment editor to create it.

Lon

[url=http://www.chiselbrain.com]
Lugan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2006 18:39
Can I just use a model in .x format for the ramp?

Lugan
jthtiger 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 21:51
i personably would just use the stairs already built in

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:24:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:24:05