Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / .X Files In First Person Mode

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I figured out how to do entities, I figured out how to re-skin pre-existing guns. I got down how to edit sounds of guns, and pretty much anything in that sense. Now, I'm currently at a stand still about how to get a "new" gun into the game. Not an entity's graphic or texture, but the actual first person mode where you are firing the gun. Someone told me to copy an existing gun into a "custom guns" folder and then change the VWEAP x file to my "custom magnum" x file, but whenever I pick up my weapon (I can get the entity to look like the magnum) it looks like the Python (I copied the Python's weapon folder). I imagine it has something to do with the .dds files still being in there and having the skin of the old python...but I'm new so I really have no idea.

Can anyone help me at all? I've had a couple of people attempt to help me then give up because they didn't understand what I wanted. ANYONE that can help me will be greatly appreciated for their services!! Thank you everyone in advance!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 00:46
the VWEP.x is the file you see in a charecters hand. the HUD.x is the file you see in first person. if your model doesnt show up at all at first, mess with the align values untill you see it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:16:13
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:16:13