Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Bunny Speed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all here is my caimen comp entry.
you can see screen shots here
Its a racing game Bunny speed made with NG 2.03

Here is the download.

http://www.dosgames.be/~e2006/47/BSfinal.rar

Whats the RED button for ?

http://badtempergames.tripod.com
Torq
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 23:26 Edited at: 11th Mar 2006 23:27
More screens Never mind the FPS These are old shots and that has been addressed on the final version it runs very smooth and quick.

The end is near
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 00:25
wow, looks nice. im downloading it right now!
Torq
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 01:05 Edited at: 12th Mar 2006 01:06
I forgot to post some info.
WHen you bang other cars eggs drop out these inrease your max speed.

But then you have to dodge them.

Space bar or mouse click to skip intro.

If you cant figure out level 3 use the free cam to figure itout

Also there is no quit to menu this kept crashing my comp.. I could not figure it out unloading the NG dll gets a bit flaky so I left it out.

Matt McFarland
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 04:28
Hey!

I found the game to be pretty fun at start! Love the controls! very cute and fun.

Here's the problems..

1) The game freezes from time to time for no reason, then it unfreezes and the timer jumps by a few seconds (because time did elapse and your timer is going by the CPU's clock) and then it continues.

2) Pressing ESCAPE in the middle of the game shot me to windows, I was expecting a menu of some sort!

Thanks for making a fun name, hope the bugs get fixed

Torq
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 13:15 Edited at: 12th Mar 2006 13:17
Well the esc button is supposed to exit the program

As for the clock issues you are the only one out of 7 different computers that have experienced this. This includes an old 550 Mhz computer. Could you post your system specs ? Also type of video card.
I would suggest you not have any programs running in the background.
This ran very smooth on an old gateway computer with a 32 meg voodo card (with lower frame rate) But no jumps what so ever.

During the comp certain DBP users have discovered a few strange things due to DBP 5.9 on certain hardware. So your specs would be nice to help look into this.

Matt McFarland
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 18:59 Edited at: 12th Mar 2006 19:00
I highly recommend the ESC button going back to the main menu, or atleast fire an options window. It isnt really natural to abruptly quit the game that way, what if I wanted to change tracks etc?

System specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2500+
1024 DDR RAM
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Geforce 6800 GT w/ 256 MB

I'll try with all apps closed! thanks.

Matt McFarland
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 19:04
Ok, I have isolated the problem. It only occurs on turns where I have the gas held, and I'm turning, and the wheels are screetching. If all of those conditions arent met it doesnt happen. So if I'm driving carefully, like tapping the gas on turns or releasing gas on turns the issue is resolved. Can you recreate this bug?

Matt McFarland
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 19:08 Edited at: 12th Mar 2006 19:18
Played some more, I like level 3's catch allthe boxes. But I didnt like how I couldnt get air on the ramps (I just instantly went down, weird!) then I noticewd the breaks are like super-breaks. heh, I know its a cartoon, but I still expect to see a bunny fly out the window when I press down rofl. I thought I'd bounce a bit when I crashed into the wall (and see some smoke particles etc) but I just stopped! The game is fun though, but I feel like you cut some corners and its a little rough around the edges! I really like the game despite it's funny mechanics though, good job!

I know the game's freeware so I can expect you're probably finished with it, but if you ever get back to it, you could make a really fun game and have the chance of it being shareware and make a little money too! The game would need these fixes:

1) More physics, not like realistic physics, but cartoony ones. Crash into the wall, you bounce and some smoke appears (shouldnt be hard to do, it just feels like that was completely ignored)

2) Going over ramps should let you fly a little, I'd love to see some air added to the game. I'd like to fly when going really fast over hills too etc. Like mario kart!

3) Adding weapons (I know its like mario kart but its fun!) - You could do some really cool things with the eggs, etc.

4) Having a track selection menu, where you can see the karts etc.

5) Multiplayer, would surely rock!!!

6) The brakes should slow you down, not send you to 0mph at the tap of the down arrow key.

Ok, thats my suggestions, take em or leave em! I love this game, would love to see improvements and I would surely love it more... So would the rest of the world

Torq
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks yea I have a really good core engine for a racing game here. Bottom line is that I ran out of time for the comp so this is what I could get accomplished in that time.
Most of what your speaking of air bouncing etc.. can be incorporated with the adjustment of only a few things. I did have it catching some pretty good air however I did not have time to control this to stop you from flying out of the level etc...
So I did have to leave out a lot of features I just did not have time to tweak.
I have been thinking of continuing development. Adding the purchase of cars, Car up grades possibly weapons. Then loads more tracks and extras since I will not be limited on file size.
These comps are always a balance of file size performance etc...
But I am concidering continued development on this one.

Anyway Thanks for playing and the advice !!!

LOL about the brakes!! I forgt about that I increased accerleration to get a good start however I forgot that I factor that smae number in the decelleration

Torq
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh yea as far as the bug I have not had that occour on any other system. It has been tested now on 9 other systems including an old 550 mhz with a 32 mb card.
A lot of issues will be resolved if I port this to the new NG 4 I used old 2.03 there were a lot of commands I didnt have that I could have used.
But that bug would more than likely be related to the skid mark plains created that are trans parent choking your system for some reason. Again this one seems specific to your comp though I cannot recreate this one.(I ran out of time on this game tough loads of tweaking could and needs to be done)

Coder#05
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 12:27 Edited at: 13th Mar 2006 13:06
Dam! pretty fun game!
congrats on that.. had me playing for a while, and im gonna try it again after postiong this.
But some bouncing and other effects would make this game even better.
And i agree on that you sould make a menue when you hit escape.
weapon power ups, would also be great..
The game also frezes some times here.
spechs:
1.5GHz 512 ram

[EDIT]hmm...
i got outside off the lvl in lvl 3 and had to restart(an other good reson to put up a menue when pressing escape).. but played one more time and i bacame the easter bunny! [EDIT]

Still a noob. easy comes easy goes
Torq
Years of Service
User Offline
hey thanks for playing!
Its no perfect but it has potential. I appreciate all the suggestions.
There is a whole lot of improvements that need to be made but this input from gamers and creators is priceless. This is only my second complete game but I hope to turn in into something pretty cool.

One question if I make improvements should I keep the easter theme ?
or change it to something else.

Matt McFarland
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 15:01
If you make changes plan on cutting out the easter theme, but bunnies are cool! Easter bunny is funny anyways (think aquateen hunger force) you could add the tooth fairy, etc, and all the other mythological characters we use today just for comic relief.

Torq
Years of Service
User Offline
Well despite the flaws I managed 17th place for 100$

Coder#05
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2006 01:59
coll congrats...
did you change any thing since the first upload?

yea what is the red button for?

Still a noob. easy comes easy goes
Torq
Years of Service
User Offline
Not released. It stands as is for that comp. But I am converting it over to NGC 4 I used 2.03 and the dll would not unload(Bug with that version of the dll) which caused all sorts of troubles. Including the not being able to come back to menue etc... Im making the car follow the ground profile among many other changes. Once I get something much more significant Ill post it here. Ive decided to give it a Major over haul with loads of improvements.
Improvements will be the cons of the game as well as those mentioned here and loads others.

BENOJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 02:32 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2006 15:04
just played it, i like it its very fun.

1. question, how did you make the roads with rounded corners? is that with tiled images ?

abit fatal1ty an8 sli mobo, ati radeon 1800 XT, 1.5GB RAM
250GB SATA HDD, AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200 (overclocked further)
Torq
Years of Service
User Offline
I used 3ds max with the loft function. I drew a line then made a shape then lofted that into a track.
If you have 3ds max Ill Tell you how to do it with a spline let me know.

Torq
Years of Service
User Offline
If not I can tell you other methods to make a track.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 11:20 Edited at: 5th Apr 2006 11:21
I get the freeze on corners bug too.

Nvidea 5200
AMD 3000+

That's a pretty common graphics card.

BENOJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 12:49
i have milkshape but not 3ds max

abit fatal1ty an8 sli mobo, ati radeon 1800 XT, 1.5GB RAM
250GB SATA HDD, AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200 (overclocked further)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:33:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:33:25