Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Completely free RAR plugin for Dark Basic Professional

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 19:10 Edited at: 13th Mar 2006 19:14
WinRar Plugin / DLL utilising code

by Volker Stepprath of Testaware

NOTICE: I did not create, or help create this plugin in any way.

Its a plugin I picked up ages and ages ago, from some random site. (In fact, it may of been the codebase, but I cannot remember)

Anyway, it appears very few people know of this plugin's existance, so I decided to pick it off my HD to upload here, so the whole community can enjoy it (as Mr Volker probably would of wanted).

So pay extra special thanks to Volker Stepprath if you use this plugin. Whether he's registered on this forum still I don't know. But thanks to him anyway

The plugin
This isn't a plugin as per say, but a DLL calling job, meaning its probably compatible with DBC if you tweak the code a bit (not terribly sure though)

The DLL and original example code (written by Volker himself) is inside the ZIP file (Maybe it should of been a RAR ....).

Enjoy
(And I aplogise thoroughly if this is already availible elsewhere)

EDIT: Just so you know, this plugin can handle password encryption, comments and various other features of the RAR format, which makes it extremely useful

Once again, this is a system made by Volker Stepprath, not me. So pay homage to him

Quote: "Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 14:09
I don't think he's around. I brought his games to the convention last year, they are hidden gems, well worth playing. last time I looked though, his site was down.

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
awww. you must do stuff better than me, dont you?
i mean, i created ZIP plugin, and here u show us RAR plugin (not you created it though)..

David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 20:26
Quote: "awww. you must do stuff better than me, dont you?
i mean, i created ZIP plugin, and here u show us RAR plugin (not you created it though)..
"

huh? You think I'm trying to out do you by releasing a similar piece of code etc? Well, let's just say you've got quite a bit of paranoia there mate, I highly recommend seeing someone about it.

The reason I released this/re-released this to the community is because there seems to be a big demand for this kind of stuff - and as said in my post, very few people know of this code (which is great code and works flawlessly)

If you want me to do better than you then I will. In fact, I already have. Why would anyone pay $5 for aa ZIP plugin (even if it is cheap) when they can get the same functionality for free, with a better compression rate

Besides, relax goga, I'm not deliberately trying to step on anybody's toes here...

Quote: "Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 22:33
David: I'm seeing the function to decompress and it looks great...any functions for compressing to RAR ?

M.I.A is pending
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 23:08
The DLL there is from http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm if I am not mistaken.

Tempest - P2P UDP Multiplayer Plugin - 70%
Download the free version
Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 00:02 Edited at: 15th Mar 2006 00:03
(sorry about this post,brother posted and i cant delete it)

all ben needs is his band,his guitar,and his computer
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
you dont understnad jokes dont you David R?

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 10:15
Quote: "Well, let's just say you've got quite a bit of paranoia there mate, I highly recommend seeing someone about it."

Just a word of warning: don't expect any respect from anyone around here if you are going to talk to people like that.

Tempest - P2P UDP Multiplayer Plugin - 70%
Download the free version
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 10:33 Edited at: 15th Mar 2006 10:34
i dont think it David R's fault, i think its DBMad/Chriss or whatever his nick is (the guy who working on that Park theme thingy) said something bad on me to David R
i wonder, what he said about me David R?

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 11:09
Oh my...claws away people, it's one of those times when everyone is right and wrong:

Gogetax had every right o post what he did, it made perfect sence if you see it as sarcasm....but he didnt make it very clear.

David R: Has a right to defend this piece of work whoevers it is and if GogetaX wasnt being sarcastic it would be justified...however he shoudl have seen it was sarcasm.

Ben....well Ben's just right.

So lets start this a fresh !...
David: Gogeta tries to be funny but isnt very clear
GogetaX: Dave is rather protective
All: Ben is a wise kitten.

So is there any way to get a plugin to make a rar file ?

M.I.A is pending
s0l1dsnak3123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2006 14:41
*thinks* oh benjamin... i thought you meant benny53

visit my Forum... Contribute to GAT. DBC's latest GTA remake!!!
http://s0l1dsnak3123.proboards54.com/
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 14:59 Edited at: 26th Mar 2006 15:01
Sorry to bump this

Quote: "i dont think it David R's fault, i think its DBMad/Chriss or whatever his nick is (the guy who working on that Park theme thingy) said something bad on me to David R
i wonder, what he said about me David R?"

OMG i did NOT say anything about you gogetax
what on earth just because i have a team for my game with david r in doesn't mean i said anything about YOU to him

End of subject
--------------
Back on topic
@David R
Thanks for posting this

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
This doesn't compile in U6B4, anyone has the same problem?

"Gangsters die, they don't go to heaven where angels fly!"
AMD Sempron 3.1+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "OMG i did NOT say anything about you gogetax
what on earth just because i have a team for my game with david r in doesn't mean i said anything about YOU to him

End of subject"

well he started acting like an idiot since i blocked you last time.

MyNewSite:http://gogetax.com
Forums(About BLO and more):http://gogetax.com/forum
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 20:51 Edited at: 27th Mar 2006 20:52
Quote: "
well he started acting like an idiot since i blocked you last time.
"

What ever argument you are having, could you possibly take it elsewhere? This is kind of irrelevant to the code

Quote: "this doesn't compile in U6B4, anyone has the same problem? "

Hi Olby. I haven't got u6b4, but could you give a run-down of what doesn't compile/what error is given, so I can try to fix it? Thanks.

Humanoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 22:43 Edited at: 27th Mar 2006 23:16
ok, example don't work U6b4, but works now U6 RC1

Suomi Finland PERKELE!
<AMD athlon 64 3000+> <Asus A8N-E nForce4 ultra> <GF6600LE PCI-E> <1GB ram>
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 01:59
Thanks for posting this, this will come in handy I think.

But I have a question: will this allow me to hold all my media in a password protected .rar file, then access through DBPro? Or is it for only decrompressing them and that's it? Cause I don't know if it would be the best thing to decompress the files I need, then delete them when the game is quit

Xander Moser - Bolt Software - Firewall

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 13:59:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 13:59:35