Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do I make an entity lying down?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Every time I try to create an entity lying down it hovers over the floor but not on it. If I make the entity static then it disappears. Does anyone know how to do this?
I would like to have a static entity lying on a static table.
Thanks.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 20:04 Edited at: 14th Mar 2006 22:25
EDIT

Yeah, that's a good question. I thought I knew, but I get the same issue as you. Anybody else?

Crazy Grandpa
DoomKing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 23:43
I suppose you mean "character" by "entity." I have tried this before - it has to be dynamic to appear. Apparently, static entities don't get along well with lights, especially more complex ones like characters. Just give it the default.fpi script and 0 health and it should be fine. As for the hovering, press Enter when you have it over the floor or table or whatever you want it on and it will find the top of it. If you want it on a shelf or something, press Page Up and Page Down to move it up and down, respectively. And, I'm assuming you know about 1-6 changing entitys' positions in 3 dimensions.

("The Hovering" ... sounds like a stupid paperback novel....)

Changing the connotation of "noob," one post at a time.
427 cobra
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I do mean character. I rotate the character to a horizontal position and then use page up and the mouse to position it over the static table. I use the Enter key and in design view it appears to be on the table but in the game it is hovering about 3 feet over the table. If I make it static it just disappears.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 18:02
I found it. Under Statistics, change 'IsImmobile' to 'Yes'.

Crazy Grandpa

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 11:32:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 11:32:25