Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Ninja Penguin X

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 07:21
Hi. I just joined the forums and this is my first post. I feel special.

My game in development (an idea and some drawings) is Ninja Penguin X. You are a penguin skilled in the arts and you have to save the world from the evil Lord Llama with your sidekick Magical Flying Iguana.

As you can see the game is dead serious... It will be a 3rd person view, you control Ninja Penguin X and you will have to go across outside and inside levels fighting Lord Llamas henchmen (need idea for them, you guys got any?) with your ninja stars, and kung-fu if I can program it. If anyone is generous enough, it would be great if you could do some models for me, mainly the penguin. If you can come up with one please email it to me at mickey_b_rulz@hotmail.com in either .x or .3ds format.

Cheers, NetBounty
www.pulsesoftware.xrs.net
Under Complete Reconstruction
Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 15:41 Edited at: 18th Mar 2003 15:42
Welcome to the boards dude. Well I no modeler (v_v) soz, But i am a coder, and will always be happy to help!!

If you get stuck wit nething post in the forums (cause these guyz are gr8) or email me or someone else
My addy is
KillerSponge@uboot.com
Nicholas_Radford@Hotmail.com
Nik@beavisnet.co.uk

I suggest you use the top addy, since the others are pretty full wit junk and when i delete stuff i often overlook certain messages from ppl.

But yeh. I said again, WELCOME

Love to All,
K-Sponge

Current Project: KS Modeller Function Library & Editor
NetBounty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 10:00
Thanks K-Sponge, i've been watching the forums for a few weeks and I know that everyone is really cool and helpful, thats why I joined.

NickIgoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 19:39
I would be interested in modelling the penguin just to see it perform a high kick :-s , If I get time I may do it but I ain`t doin the animation, I havn`t got that gooder imagination.

Dark Basic Pro drove me to drink, I really should E-mail them to say thanks.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 23:24
A Penguin doing a Trinity-kick? You make it Nick, i'll animate the kick!

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Welcome to the forums!

Hope you enjoy all the hospitality!

Cheers.

Current project for RGT:
NetBounty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 03:35
x-d Thanks guys.
Right now I am using an extended demo version of DBC (No trial limit, but annoying tags on your .exe), and I am planning on ordering DBC or DBPro. I live in Australia, and I had to converte the prices, and with the value of the Aussie dollar these days I am leaning towards DBC ($87) which I am familiar with and in my budget, instead of DBPro ($178) which even though has heaps more features is pretty expensive for me. Can you guys give me a guide of whether DBPro is worth the extra $$ ?

As for a penguin Trinty-kick, I will look into it. I don't plan on making the game Whack-bang awesome, as it will probably be my first REAL project (I've been editing the Caverunner demo, adding in features and levels and such).

NetBounty

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
hey,

you could try:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006G8H1/202-9926091-3987804

that's really cheap there! If you are planning on actually buying it.

Cheers.

Current project for RGT:

ALL MY STUFF ARE GONE!! ALL OF IT!!!
NetBounty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 06:29
I tried it. Its only available on the co.uk site, and it doesn't deliver to Australia. Thanks for helping though.

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 09:57
Personally I feel DBPro is very much worth the extra cash. The speed increase alone lets you include much more in your projects even without using all the extra features.

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
NickIgoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 21:19
Buy DBpro as it is much better

Dark Basic Pro drove me to drink, I really should E-mail them to say thanks.
NetBounty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2003 17:40
I didn't know if I should put this in team requests or not, but since i've already started this topic I should use it.

I really need someone to do just a basic model of a penguin for me, for use in the beta. No animations neccisary, not too high a polygon count, just something simple I can use for the 3rd Person Perspective.
I would really , really greatly muchly appreciate it, email me <mickey_b_rulz@hotmail.com> or post it here. I'll even put you in the credits. Theres an offer you can't refuse!
I've tried to make one, but alas my skillz = 0.

Thanks guys!

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2003 00:28
what typa penguin u after? Maybe I could model one 4 ya. Cartoony or real? Any distinguishing features / clothes / weapons etc?

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
NetBounty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2003 05:25
Okay... A short stump looking child-like penguin, with a fairly round head. Comical to go with the feel of the game. No clothes, and I will put weapons on his belt with the texture. He only uses ninja stars right now as thats all I can be stuffed programming. I really appreciate your help, thanks!

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 01:51
Looks like thers a kind of idea of what you'd like on your website?

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!

Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
NetBounty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 10:45
Kind of. That was something I chucked together in PSP one night. I have some rough sketches, but I should be able to coax my artsy friends into making a good copy and I will post it here...

Forogt to add that the penguin has a bandana and a belt, but thats it for clothing. I'm going for the stumpy chuby cute look.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 11:15
Hi mate, Im in sydney I ordered mine from the uk base and it took around 3 weeks, both DBC and DBP took a round the same time.

The alternative is the american distributor which u gain a free copy of Character FX studio ($20 -used in animation of 3d objects) as part of the latest bundle.

www.realgametools.com

I reccomend you go for pro, DBC is fine but its nowhere compared to the power of Pro.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 12:09
Net - Ok I'll have a go, give me about a week cos I'll only be doing it in my spare time, which is shockingly limited at the mo!

samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
NetBounty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 12:52
Thanks d00d I really owe you one.

Yeah, i've begun saving up the $$ for DBPro, I might get my local computer store to order it in for me, cause then if it gets lost in the mail I don't lose a cent. I finished off the first test level for NPX in MatEdit, an ice field in Antarctica. Its surpirisingly cool. Right, well gotta get back to begging for money and coaxing friends to get those concept drawings out... Later.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2003 16:57
ok gimmie a couple of days and I'll have 1 4 you

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2003 20:23
lol Hi sorry been busy and forgot. Anyhew I made one

Cute lil fella huh?

Ok admittedly its not that good, I litterally just made and textured this in less than an hour, but hopefully you'll b able to use him for something I've included him as an *.x file, plus the textures and the *.ms3d file so that you can edit him him milkshape3d (demo at http://www.milkshape3d.com ) and edit him if you like, to retexture it just edit the bitmaps. Also if you wanna save on file size you could always convert them to a different file format, but you'll have to reindex them in Milkshape.

For any1 interested he's about 250 polys, which is pretty low, but for any1 who knows what they're doing, yes there's a load wasted. And no I didn't wrap him properly either, I simply don't have time at the moment. Whats important is he looks cool and loads fine in DBPro

Anyway, here's the link, its a zip file, I would guess you have http://www.winzip.com

http://www.mywestsomerset.com/penguin.zip

Cheers, Sam/Kangaroo2

NetBounty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 10:34
d00d..... I owe you soooo much. Thanks heaps for this, expect to see your name in BIG AND BOLD during the credits.

He looks really really cool... I will just have to add his belt to the textures and other than that hes fine!

Thanks again!

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2003 00:11
Hey no problem, if you need him anaimated or any other models / sounds / programming help, just post here or email me Glad to help, it was kinda fun to see what I could do in an hour, cos that literally all the spare time I had

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:43:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:43:40