Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Some questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't bought FPS Creator yet, but I really like the look of it, and as soon as I get the extra RAM on my computer (laptop, only 256 megs but I'm gonna have it upgraded to a gig) I'm gonna get it and model pack 1.

I just have some questions about stuff I'd like to do, since I'm already planning my first game in my head:

1. Exactly what do you get in the model pack that comes with the game? It's not very clear on the website - it just says world war two and sci-fi.

2. Can I create a team of bots on the same team as the player, like in Rainbow Six (except no multiple teams, and no switching between different people in the team), that follow the player around and fire at enemies just like s/he does? Also, can I create bots that behave like hostages that the player can talk to to get information after he's killed all the terrorists guarding them?

3. I know that the player can't drive vehicles, but can I have the enemy soldiers drive around and get out of their car to kill the player?

4. How does one design models - so, for example, if I wanted to model a weapon or static object, would it be easy or would I have to ask someone else to do it (I have no modelling and no coding experience)?

5. Are there any other helpful tips anyone can give me?

Thank you for any answers you can provide.

3. Is there the ability to create in-game movies?

Just having a look at FPSC, not bought yet but probably will.
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 20:45
1. The model pack already comes with the game

2. With a lot of experience on scripting yes.

3. With a little script switching you can make a car shoot you, though no soldiers can come out.

4. Learn modeling and buy an importer to make the models the same file you need in FPSC, otherwise don't expect to see all your model requests filled.

5. Don't use too much dynamic entities, use segments as much as possible, and don't fill the levels with enemies, it makes it horrible.

3(?). With story zones and an avi.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 22:52
1. With the model pack that comes with FPSC, you get a good number of ready to use WW2 & Scifi style parts to create your world with (doors, windows, walls, floors, platforms and so on). A number of characters (Soldiers, officers, androids and such). 12 base characters with about 7 variations each. Also there's a good selection of weapons, furniture, switches, keys, wall signs and so on. Enough to create a decent game.

The best thing is that most of the items included can be retextured and you can import your own models. This way you'll be able to create a more original game.

2. Team of bots, I'd say no and if yes, nearly impossible to create. I don't think the bots can even fire at anything other then the player. Hostages yes that can be done.

3. No

4. It depends. If you can get a team together you don't need to learn to model. You can also ask others to create models for you, but it's very likely that no one will ever create anything for you. But more and more add-ons for FPSC are being released, so that's going into the right direction, but may prove more costly in the end then learning to create items yourself.

As for coding (it's called scripting in FPSC) you simply cannot really rely on others to do it, especially when it becomes more complicated. A lot around here don't have a clue how to script and the few that can do it well and are prepared to help others, are quite busy. There's a number of others who can script well, but simply don't have the time to help. If you really want to enjoy FPSC, you need to learn how to script, it's as simple as that.

5. Really know what you're getting yourself into.....

6. Yes, but you need to create the movie outside of FPSC. FPSC can use externally created avi files, it cannot create in-game cut scene as some games do have.

MegaMusic Pack 01.... 31 original soundtracks for your games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 23:43
Enemys can 'drive' by merely turning them into the cars, but getting out? That would require having 2 scripts returning the same output. And unless they are just doing waypoints, I would say it is almost impossible to get it right.

Mosillivo: Fires Rage, Earth Rumble, Evil Reigns, Cities Tumble
Join the NJL: The War Has Begun, Which Side Are You On?
Nunticaelitusphobic (Scared of Internet)
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 02:41 Edited at: 20th Mar 2006 14:58
FPSC does include meodels but the model pack is extra.While FPSC has WWII and sci-fi models the model pack adds some modern day models like doors,windows,a microwave oven and stuff like that.I bought it and I am happy with it.It also includes swat characters,etc.Welcome to the forums. .

Edit post:
Thanks to Merravano and his info about waypoints and vehicles I got my ambulance to crush me...sweet...

Not changing this sig until I get rich
Will 001
Years of Service
User Offline
Great, thanks for your answers. Sorry, I must seem like such a n00b to you guys, but hey, everyone's got to start somewhere, don't they?

I'm probably going to buy the first model pack, and then try and sell the games I make in my school to make some of the money back.

One more question: I take it the games you make have the same minumum and recommended system requirements as FPSC itself?

Just having a look at FPSC, not bought yet but probably will.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 11:22:34
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 11:22:34