Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Doors with walls in them , a question, with a possible soultion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 00:07
I am also having this problem, I am new to FPS creator, and am kinda upset, my first levle would not build, I think because of to much open space, that is fix able, but i would like to be able to add doors. I am using \"door segments\" but when i add a door it never gets \"cut\" (FPS Creator Manual)into the wall, is there somthing i need to do, because it is driving me crazy.

Some things i have tried, helpful info
using the download edtion V1 (is there any update out there)
Yes i am using Door segments!
Yes i am pressing M when i want to paint walls.
i have read this post http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=68732&b=21 and many others
It would seem to be a glitch i will make a note under the glitch section

I really like FPS creator its fuN, But I would like to add doors tho.
Thanks for your time Chad
p.s I searched all for an answer and this post looked best....

Bringing Gamming to an all time Low
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 02:00
Make a slideshow of what you are doing... it is hard to decern what the error is if you don't know what the user is doing.

Mosillivo: Fires Rage, Earth Rumble, Evil Reigns, Cities Tumble
Join the NJL: The War Has Begun, Which Side Are You On?
Nunticaelitusphobic (Scared of Internet)
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you using the Large Wall/Small Wall Segments in the Scenery Section? If so, they wont work with windows or doors. Any other walls work fine. Welcome to FPSC by the way,
Tom

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 12:02
If you havent already. Download the segment editor and run through the inlcuded video tutorials and the readmes. It explain quite a bit of how doors/collision and csg work. It should give you a better idea on how to solve your problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 11:30:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 11:30:12