Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / "Creating Lightmaps..." Freezes It

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2006 13:04
Every time I add some lighting in my room, and I click "test game", it gets stuck on "Creating Lightmaps..." and when I click Cancel, nothing happens? Does this just take a couple of minutes to load?

BTW: How do you make light ranges smaller?

DONATE FPS CREATOR TO ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE GAMES THAT I MAKE WITH IT FOR FREE (games will be worth about 20 dollars each) (I plan to make two series aswell.)
SOTSOG GameCreators
Years of Service
User Offline
In reply to your second question: right mouse click on your chosen light and decrease the light range. In reply to your first question it all depends on your system spec, what settings you have set in your preferences, I suggest NO dynamic lights,quick light mapping,No shader effects,medium texture(256x256). How many lights you have will also effect build time, if they are static or dynamic, how many entities you have, the area you are trying to light, all these factors are taken into account when you build your test game, and depending on what system spec you have will depend on how long it takes. A low spec system and I would suggest goin and making a cup of tea.

"Never figure on your poultry enterprise until the proccess of inqubation has been throughly realized."
IvAn
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the same problem, every time I want to test the game or even if I build the game, it freezes in "Creating Lightmaps" phase.
I have selected quick light mapping, no shader effects, medium or low textures, and it keeps freezing.
I didn't have this problem before; just when I add some more lights to my game. But that sucks! I really need those lights and I don't wannna get rid of them.
I Have a decent PC, I may say, it's a Pentium 4 680 (64 bits - 3.0GHZ), 1GB DDR2 PC400 RAM, GeForce 6600 256MB.
Please Help me !!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 11:31:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 11:31:15