Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Just wanted to post some words of praise here.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I hope nobody minds but I just wanted to say what a great job the DarkBasic guys and Lee Bamber did on FPS-Creator.

I got it in the day before yesterday and have only fiddled around with it but I can already see what a great powerful package it is. I like the way the DB-guys think as far as feedback from the users go. People wanted to make FPS-Games, not everybody could manage that in DB since it's just hard and a lot of work (amongst them myself) so what do they do? They make FPS-Creator.

And even though FPS-Creator does a LOT I'm still surprised at how light it runs on my machine. What I've noticed ever since that fatefull day I first discovered about DarkBasic is that they will always listen to what the users have to say and work on that. I've written to the DB-guys a couple of times and ALWAYS got a speedy reply. Their user-support is awesome. I've once had a bug with the Corel package back in 1997 and even though it was an expensive package I purchased for work I never ever got a reply from tech support no matter how hard I tried so I know how annoying it can be not getting feedback for something you have to continue work on.

I'd just like to give the team these words of praise and a two thumbs up. I got DB Classic 1.13, FPS Creator and DB Pro and am thinking of also purchasing the 3D Gamemaker. I've managed to do stuff with DB I could only dream about before and I can only imagine what my finished FPS-products are going to look like.

So anyway, don't get a big head over my post you guys lol but I just wanted to give you a big thank you on the forums as I'm sure lots of users here will agree with me on that.

Also a big thank you for every single one of the guys here on the forums of DB, FPS etc etc who develop their own handy tools and cool objects. You guys all rock.

amigacam.net.tc
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 04:18
Don't get The 3d Gamemaker, trust me it's kinda a waste of money. You get bored with it in 2 hours. The video seems tempting, but it really isn't that great. FPSCreator is better.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 21:52
Bravo MiRRoRMaN 64!
That is pretty much what I've always wanted to say too. TGC is one of my favorite companies. They're right up there with Geico
They've done a GREAT job with everything they set out to do. It gets annoying to see people getting mad over the slightest things that go wrong.

Like you said, their customer service is spectacular. There's been several times when it took them 3 or more days to respond. But really, they're almost the only compnay to ever actually respond to my questions! And I don't mean that lightly. I have looked at some major cool companies, yet they all have one problem in common. Their customer service stinks. I've emailed companies like Massive (used in Lord of The Rings and Narnia), Sierra, and Bungie (those are just the biggest). The day I found TGC I fell in love with it because of the customer service.

Quote: "Also a big thank you for every single one of the guys here on the forums of DB, FPS etc etc who develop their own handy tools and cool objects. You guys all rock."

Lol, thanks man, but if you hang around us for a bit, you won't say that (j/k)
-Sunflash T. Mace

http://tinypic.com/egv4u8.gif
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2006 01:46
we area one big disfunctional illiterate family

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2006 02:53
I resent that........I'm completely functional

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 11:26:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 11:26:03