Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Completed Game - Crash Ball!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 02:16
Most of you who are going to try it probably have already but I figured I'd make a post just to let you guys know Crash Ball's been completed!

Salesman stuff:
http://www.shrikesoftware.com/crashball.html
http://www.shrikesoftware.com/crashdemo.exe

Try this unique brick breaker featuring all new obstacles such as black holes and warp portals. Smash your way through more than 70 levels and even create your own!

Features:

Fast paced arcade action that will keep you coming back for more!

More than 70 playable levels

Never before seen powerups, level designs and hazards

Built in level editor lets you create your own game with ease. Simply point and click!

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 13:40
What a great twist on Breakout - usually these games bore me but that's one exception. Loved how you can wipe out the bricks really quickly if you get the right powerups, makes things so much more arcadey and playable without the usually breakout drudge.

Good luck with this.

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!
Kain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 19:33
Thanks Van, glad to hear you liked it! I like breakout style games but they always seemed to get bogged down a bit. That's why I added some new stuff and some super good powerups. Not to mention the Nukes

Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 22:57
This game is really great! But I think you should add a power-up that only drops when there's like, 5-10 cubes left, and then it destroys the remaining cubes. Because the only boring part of this game is when there's 1 cube left, and I just can't hit it...

But very nice game!

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 01:11
hey kain!! Its been a while since ive seen your work here!

I remember the heady days of hijaker and that towers game you made...

This has a very cool "Kainy" look about it

Aust. Convention...get there!! http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=38799&b=2&p=1
Milkman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 01:14
Awesome! The only thing I dislike about it is the lack of music variety... I had to listen to the same song repeat over and over as I played. There should be at least 4 different repeating songs. Other than that, very, very nice work!

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 01:45
Woah, seriously good game for a breakout clone. I'm very impressed by the variety of the styles for the levels. Well done.

Tempest - P2P UDP Multiplayer Plugin - 70%
Download the free version
Kain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 19:27
Thanks for all the feedback!

Klu, I agree that can get annoying. That's the reason I put nukes in originally but most people use them for other purposes.

Greenlig, glad to hear you like it

Milk, I agree the song does get repetitive. Music is not my strong point so my brother does it for me but I can't ask him for too much without being a bother. You can press M at any time to mute it/change to a rock song.

Benjamin, thanks!

Kain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 20:37
Now that everyone's had some more time to play it. Just wanted to know if you guys have any other suggestions for the next version?

Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 21:12
Quote: "Klu, I agree that can get annoying. That's the reason I put nukes in originally but most people use them for other purposes."

I'm not sure what 'other purposes' you mean, but if the nuke only drops when there's a few amount of cubes left, then it can't be misused.

Impreza
Years of Service
User Offline
kain, you live in new jersey?! dude, I live right next to the qb mall.. that's crazy to know there is another db programmer from new jersey.

set mipmap mode 1: set matrix texture 1,1,1: set spot light 1,0,90: set normalization on: sync rate 0: statistic(1): flush video memory
autocam off: always active on: hide mouse: set window on
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
very cool! Its too complicated with the tons of different powerups/powerdowns.

Kain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 19:06
Impreza, actually I'm in PA for college but I'm going to be moving back to the area (well technically Delaware, but right on the boarder) for graduate school this summer.

UFO, really? I've always found that these kinds of games get boring without a lot of powerups. Its pretty much blue for good, red for bad.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 05:02:34
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 05:02:34