Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Enemy's won't spawn?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I set a trigger zone and wanted a zombie named "Zombie" to spawn when I walk there. However, it won't work the zombie just remains transparent.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanx in advance.

amigacam.net.tc
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 19:16
Scripting my friend,Scripting...

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
So if I have a trigger area and a character that has to spawn up when the player goes over the trigger area, what do I do in order to achieve that?

amigacam.net.tc
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 20:44
I will presume that the zombie enemy you are using is a default FPSC character one and so will presume that there is no reason it should not appear.

You should be aware that the default FPSC trigger zone does not always work correctly in every scenario.

Do search for Umans load and unload entities on the fly scripts.

If you take a look at the threads there you may learn something about spawning entities and find that theres a different trigger script available in a download.

Try that script.

Of course it may well be that you are just not setting up your trigger zone and enemy properties settings correctly so make sure they are correct and that you have tried adjusting the various settings in the zombie enemies properties dialogue box in editor first - this may take some experimentation to get right if you are new to it. The settings are self explanatory really and most entities should spawn OK using the FPSC objects.

Hope that helps

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 02:26
Remember to make sure that the trigger zone encompasses the zombie in the editor, and to set the 'spawn at start' to no.

If you post an image of your editor and the respawn settings of your zombie it would be far easier to help you out.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 09:51
If you right click the entity and set 'Spawn at start?' to No

Place a trigger zone with this code

And also in the 'If Used' section of the trigger zone put in the Name of the entity it should spawn the entity where you placed. I use this and the entity doesn't need to be in the trigger zone to spawn...

This works for me... but someone can probably tell you a better way to do it...
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 09:29
That's more elegant than the method I described.

More hassle to set up, but a lot more control.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
My question also is: If I let enemies spawn instead of have them there all the time will it speed up my game?

amigacam.net.tc
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 21:22
Depends on how its done.

If you just remember that at any time a dynamic entity of any kind exists its drains fps - a lot of any kind can have quite an affect - characters are the worst offenders for numerous reasons that cant be defined here in any detail.

The morale then is if you want spawn to be of any help in the area of speeding up gameplay, then ideally dynamic enities should exist for as long as they form part of actual gameplay and when they dont they should be removed - permanently - if theres no further need of them or set to respawn if there is. Simply using the FPSC Spawn capabilities are not enough to have a big impact on saving fps.

Its rather complicated but the answer is Yes if its done correctly and that will require some experimentation and learning.

Removing them on the fly is the best way and fps saver currently as far as I am aware.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 11:26:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 11:26:50