Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Hair texture

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 07:35
How do you make a hair texture? The ones that I made have too big pixels to the hair poly so it looks complete diferent to what I wanted it to be.
opo
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
well if your a lazy git use a digital camera, take a picture of the top or side of your head. That would give you a start, then play in your paint package of choice.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 14:29 Edited at: 20th Mar 2003 14:29
It depends,you can simulate the front toupet with alpha-maps but I'm wondering if it'd look good in realtime especially that DB doesn't support specular mapping.

I'd go with making the hair in 3D,just get some references pictures.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Toilet Freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 05:36
I made hair, I just need to texture it. It's making the texture with small enough pixels so that the texture isn't "ENLARGED" on the model.

And about the camera-I don't have one, so I can't do that.

opo
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
you could try a different hair texture. Blurr it in photoshop, and you are done.

Now, what do you mean you made hair? is it actual single strand hair? or just a mesh?

Cheers.

Current project for RGT:

ALL MY STUFF ARE GONE!! ALL OF IT!!!
Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 07:12
There are lots, of tutorials on this subject all over the internet, Later tomorrow I'll post a few for you. Until then just go to yahoo, and search for something to the effect of:

"Hair Tutorial and Photoshop" or something close to that, believe me there out there.

I'll c what I can do later.

"Laugh to scorn the power of man..."
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 19:51
I got an idea, don't know it it'll work though. When you unwrap the hair to a bmp, enlarge it by 400%. That way you'll have the higher resolution draw in the level of detail you want, by like I said, I don't know if it'll work.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Toilet Freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 13:12
I made hair in 3ds max(not individule strands-I found a $400 plugin for that But it'll have to wait, I have to save up first), I did the motion blur thing with the noise filter it works-sorta, but if anyone has a better way please post it. I'll give pic links once I get them uploaded(probably from the guy I'm working with).

opo
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 15:30
get the Blur Software Fur plugin... it is better than most and is less expensive

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:39:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:39:57