Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Would you like to sell ur game on my site? More information comming soon. Great rates for developers.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 04:34 Edited at: 6th Apr 2006 04:35
Hello everybody, I myself am a developer and I am hearing a lot of people would like to sell their games in the US that live in other countries. Basically I am offering great rates to sell your game. Because I make games, I would like to pay you the amount I would like to be paid. Here are the requirements:

Please read Carefully

1. You will be given all rights to distribute your game on other websites.
2. You will be paid through paypal exactly 80 percent of the net profits gained.
3. You must show our logo in your game.
4. Your game will also be distributed to a handfull of different websites on the web.
5. You must be 18 years of age or have parent consent. There will be no written contract for international reasons but you must agree to the terms and conditions granted. Failure to do so will result in a termination of the agreement and your game will be taken off the site immediately.

More information will be given in the next couple days. The site is being built. If you would like to see if your game is approved please send a demo and/or a video of the game to webmaster@anetstudios.com

DO NOT SEND THE FULL GAME, ONLY A SAMPLER

Any questions should also be sent to the email address stated above.
alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 06:03
Also to add, it can be a game thats not a fps. Puzzle games are accepted 90 percent of the time.
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
weres your site? looks intresting

Silent Hill
alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 06:20
The site is not finished yet Lizblizz, but we will have it done by Sunday. The url is http://www.anetstudios.com Thank-You for your intrest.
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
cool cant wait

Silent Hill
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Damnit I wish I had Paypal! Gamemaker Alex, isn't is possible that you could deliver the money to us by cheque???

Tom

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 15:36 Edited at: 6th Apr 2006 15:41
Quote: "I myself am a developer and I am hearing a lot of people would like to sell their games in the US that live in other countries."

Why would I want to sell my game on your site? You're statement doesn't make sense at all. I can sell to people in the US through my own website, even though I do not live in the US. Living in the US doesn't give you any advantage at all, the web doesn't have boundaries at all. I've offered games and other products from my website to many Americans without a problem at all.

Now if you did have a website in place with thousands of visitors each day, that would be a different case, but the website isn't even there yet.

Also when using Paypal, even people outside the US can offer the products in US$, so I really don't see why I should give you 20% of my sales, when I can collect the 100% myself, without the need of placing your logo in my games.

I'm eager to know more of the details, because I do fail to see the advatage, at the moment I only see disadvatages and only a way for you to make some quick and easy money.

Sorry to sound so negative, but there are good number fraud publishers around (experienced indi game developers will know what I'm talking about) promising a lot, but never paying a thing.

I know this forum exsist of lot's of kids who lack experience and go wow at a post like this, but please be carefull until we see some decent and valid proof that this is really going to make you money, instead of someone else making money of your hard work.

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://megagaming.taken.to
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!
Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
I would be interested in using this if only there was one bulk amount of money that you get before you start to sell the game.
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 00:57 Edited at: 7th Apr 2006 00:59
http://anetstudios.com/

right....

his email is being forwarded to a gmail account at alexhakimi@gmail.com

little better than the last kid.

Wyatt Earp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 01:14
Alex-

Which games have you developed and sold?
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 01:21
What? Why should we have to put your logo in our game? We can get our own place like file front.

Black Terror
Official Website
alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 02:14
@Tom
Quote: " Damnit I wish I had Paypal! Gamemaker Alex, isn't is possible that you could deliver the money to us by cheque???"

Thank You Tom for your interest. I need to know if you are over the age of 18 before I send you a check. I can not send you the check if you live outside the US for legal reasons. This is because in case of legal problems I would need to go to the country to sort it out. So until now paypal is the way to go. Sorry

@Benjamin
Quote: "Why would I want to sell my game on your site? You're statement doesn't make sense at all. I can sell to people in the US through my own website, even though I do not live in the US. Living in the US doesn't give you any advantage at all, the web doesn't have boundaries at all. I've offered games and other products from my website to many Americans without a problem at all."

I am not begging for you to come and sell your game on my site. I did have a site before and recently am remodeling it to make it more user friendly. If you want to know the statistics, I have an average hit count of 100 unique visitors to the site every week and its still growing. As I said before, this is an opportunity to let more people see your game and buy it. I am giving you all rights to sell your game somewhere else so I feel it is a good deal.

@x1b
Quote: "his email is being forwarded to a gmail account at alexhakimi@gmail.com"

Actually it is not. The gmail account is for personal reasons, and my webmaster one is for business relations.

@Wyatt
Quote: "Which games have you developed and sold?"

I have developed games in C++, mainly puzzle games as they seem to be published more than FPS. I also use the Torque engine. However, I am taking a chance on this and I would like to see if people buy shooter games. I have not made my OWN game, but I have helped and contributed on many projects that have made it to the IndieGamesCon http://www.indiegamescon.com/

@Black Terror
Quote: " What? Why should we have to put your logo in our game? We can get our own place like file front."

By all means, please go ahead and put your games on other sites. All I am saying is that we ask that you put our logo in the game. Keep your own logo in it as well, but you must have ours. Thats part of the requirements.
Kansas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 02:28
He's seemed to have put his point across, and it seems to be a 'What have you got to loose'. Looks pretty decent, and the 80% thing is much higher than a lot of other sales website give you (Some are around 40)
alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 02:46
Yes, thats what I have been trying to say. Thanks Kansas.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 03:11
Sounds good! Course, I don't have a game to sell yet

On the other hand, TGC is now offering something like this, but I'm not sure what their rates are...

HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT
http://www.irwinsoftware.com/ww3
Screenshots on Site! Demo Coming Soon!
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Gamemaker Alex,
I am 14, I live in England. So the only way for me to receive money is cheque. If not, then i'm afraid I cannot do business with you and your site. I really want to-I really do! But if I cannot get the money, then I see no point...

Tom

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 03:22
@Tom
Thank You for your interest, Why don't you ask your parents to start a payal account for you and then you can request checks from paypal? That is the way I am doing it now for receiving my payments.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I have. they are not comfotable with putting credit card details in. Either you can send me CASH or a cheque, or we cannot do business,

Tom

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 03:33
I am sorry but checks are out of the question. I can send you cash, but it is going to be in US dollars. Thats is all I can do.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 04:06
I can sell my own game on paypal by myself.

the only way i would allow you to do this is if infact you handle 100% of all customer support and would just deposit money into my paypal.

in other words, if i were to let you sell my game, i would want to send it to you, and do NOTHING else, no customer support, no hosting, nothing.

just checking, but is this how it works?

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 04:11
Yes, exactly, I handle everything. However you must first send a video or demo of your game to webmaster@anetstudios.com to see if it is accepted. You are given all rights to sell your game somewhere else. I cover all the support.

Yes that is how it works

Thanks
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm, dollars would be fine,

Tom

Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes paying in US cash is great. Make sure you tell us when your site is open for buisiness.
alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 04:22 Edited at: 7th Apr 2006 04:27
Well its open right now. Drop your video or demo of ur game to webmaster@anetstudios.com The site however is being built. I should be done with it in about a couple days. However there will be some changes even then.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
This will be good,

Tom

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 04:29 Edited at: 7th Apr 2006 04:29
Ok I will send you US dollars, but you provide me with an address to send the money to.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Very well. First I will need to make a commercial worthy game. I will also need to check it is ok with my parents to tell you my address. Can you guarantee my information not being passed on to third parties? And one last thing-SURELY you could convert from dollars to sterling??? If not, don't worry-dollars will be fine, I can convert them!

Tom

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 05:09 Edited at: 7th Apr 2006 05:09
OK I have some bad news

Unfortunately, I decided that I wont be sending money through the mail for a couple reasons.
1.) It is unsafe and the mail might be lossed in transit
2.)Postage costs a couple dollars, and I am not willing to go to the post office everytime I need a stamp for overseas.
3.)Too much of a hassel for me.

So instead, for now all I will be using is paypal and wire transfer to a bank account. Tom, I think the best thing you should do is to open up a new bank account and use it for paypal. That way you wont be needing a credit card. Then you could request a check from paypal. I am sorry but for now this is how you will receive money.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, had my hopes up and now they are crushed. As stated before, I will have nothing to do with Paypal. Whatever in hell am I going to do for selling my games now?

Tom

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 05:36
I am really sorry but these days everybody has paypal.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
No, not EVERYBODY. I don't. Many others don't...
I might be able to use my bro's Paypal if he says it is alright, but I am not too sure. If not, then i'm screwed. I really need some way to sell my games, and this seems like a perfect solution.

Tom

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 05:49
Well I am glad that you are interested in this oportunity. Well drop me off an email if you can use your brother's.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Will do,

Tom

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 01:53
Oh and to add, who ever gets chosen, also get his/her game advertised on a handfull of different other websites.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
You said that in your first post,

Tom

Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 03:49
Tom this is my reply to the message u left on my forum

No not true i have game ideas i just want to see what people like in a game what qualitys interest people. i dont want to make something nobody likes.

Dont forget to check out http://www.ninjasoftgames.us.tt/
Black Mesa
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "but I have helped and contributed on many projects that have made it to the IndieGamesCon"

Stop dancing around the issue, which games? Prove that your site would be worth it.
Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 04:17
Hey tom why dont you ask aome small retail stores if they will sell your game. it might help if you offerd to give them a % of the profit.

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 04:35 Edited at: 8th Apr 2006 04:35
Black Mesa, I dont have to prove anything to you. You have just joined the forums, learn some respect before posting. If you are not interested, leave.
Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 04:44 Edited at: 9th Apr 2006 05:16

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 04:46
wanted ninja09, dont advertise ur stupid forum on this thread. make another one.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree with gamemaker alex, STOP hi-jacking people's threads!

x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hello everybody, I myself am a developer"

knock it off,kid. you your self are a little pissant nobody.
quit trying to big your self up and go back to your tonka toys.

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 05:22
X1B, DONT F*CKING READ THIS THREAD IF YOU DONT LIKE IT. You have some mental incapability of not understanding that you have the ability of picking which thread you post in. Go **** urself
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Big words for a little girl. Whats wrong honey,strike a nerve? need a hug? let me paypal you a quarter, go call mommy,princess.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 05:40 Edited at: 8th Apr 2006 05:40
Quote: "X1B, DONT F*CKING READ THIS THREAD IF YOU DONT LIKE IT. You have some mental incapability of not understanding that you have the ability of picking which thread you post in. Go **** urself"

Woaw woaw...can we do something about this guy's period? Get him some bloody pads or something.

It's like a Megaton Cat radar, 24 hours a day.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 11:58
gamemaker alex, you're attitude shows enough. As far as I'm concerned, you're just a kid trying to make some quick money. If you really would be the game developer you are claiming to be and really would be interested in starting game publishing you may start learning some proper behaviour and being courtious.

Also, show us some beef, don't make claims I worked on this and that and give us a general link, show us the real stuff.

People if you really want to sell your games get proof of the claims, ohterwise you're in danger of being ripped off. Don't just believe anyone who comes by and makes statements like gamemaker alex and others have done. Most of them are just after your games and are to lazy to make one themselves, it's not the first time we've seen this happen around here.

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://megagaming.taken.to
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!
NIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 12:24
Yes you are right Megaton, it appears this young man is on the rag.
Care for some Midol my friend.

-NIK

Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 19:01 Edited at: 9th Apr 2006 01:30
If your 18,
you can go to Godaddy.com buy a domain name of your choice for $8.99 a year (some domains are less) .com. biz .us etc, you can also have them host it for only $3.99 a month, then all you have to do is create a website using Microsoft FrontPage(templates fast), macromedia Dreamweaver or whatever html editor you want to use, then setup a shopping cart with Paypal by signing up with Paypal for a business account use there cart buttons and paste them on your webpage ,then upload your finished website to go daddy’s server and whala! You have a site, ready for business. They run specials on domain names all the time also right now its only $6.95 for certain domain names

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/registrar/search.asp?isc=goox2001au

Note: the whole process will take a couple of days after you buy your domain name and have Go Daddy serve it, and Paypal takes about 3to 5 days to verify your account if your setting up a new Paypal account, if you already have a Paypal account you won't have to wait normally. there is no fee involved for creating a new Paypal business account or convert a standard Paypal account over to a business account.

Good...Bad...but I'm the guy with the GUN!
Support your local Riker 9 Chapter
Just One Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2006 01:24
GoDaddy just lowered their prices a couple of weeks ago, so you can get a basic hosting package for $3.95 a month, or the next level up (nice package) for $6.95 a month. And if you buy a hosting package you get the domain for $1.99 for the year when purchased at the same time. You get the choice of using a Linux or a Windows server - Linux gives you a few more options, but if you're going to use FrontPage or ASP you'll want Windows.

It's easy, cheap, nice packages, and great service. And Chupa is right, PayPal is a no-brainer setup once you have a basic page in place. Basically, you can be in business for under $10 if you have a PayPal account. Can't beat it...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 13:36:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 13:36:36