Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Eggdude: Retro Entry

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 14:56
ok finally i have been able to get a pic on the net. Now all ive got to do is fix my computer for uploading the full game before the deadline.

Basically you are a walking egg who runs around collecting butterflys who have been kidnapped... or 'butterflynapped' by the undead and lead to the cemetary. You have to find them and help them escape. There are different weapons and types of monsters and there are a few features for the people obsessed with high scores. Havent decided how many levels yet (either 8, 10 or 12). Ive made the full game except weapon collision and multiple levels so i should have something to upload very soon.

It is a mix of pac man and a dizzy game on the c64. The name eggdude was just used during programming and it grew on me so i kept it. Im now trying to design levels which add a puzzle element to it for a bit of extra fun.

[img]www20.brinkster.com/maniacimagine/screen1.jpg[/img]
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 17:12
V. Cool!

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 00:26
Hey that looks nice! I love Dizzy - that looks like Kwik Snax (on some systems, others it was a puzzle game) or Fast Food Looks gr8

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 01:10
thats the name kwik snax wow that game was the greatest. I have to dl it. I changed the monsters from the original but i used pretty much the same weapons cos they were classic I loved the mallet.

This is only my 1st game and i have to get it finished soon so i can get some studying done for my exams. Hopefully have it done by the end of the weekend but im struggling to make a v.low quality spooky tree model. Finished the game now. Just need more levels and to fix some aesthetic issues, then ill have it posted so that i can get feedback b4 the comp deadline.
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like an egg I tell ya.

I swear.

Nice screens, I hope collision is good too.

Cheers.

Current project for RGT:

ALL MY STUFF ARE GONE!! ALL OF IT!!!
Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm..That seems like yet another great DB game . Hope it goes well ..

~Kanzure/Morph

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET and Multi2k.NET.
Nothing is something, and something is then nothing. Life is an illusion.
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 15:13
-UPDATE- Game now running very smoothly on my machine. Has 9 levels, 3 more to make, then i need to make menu screens then lastly ill add some sounds for a real retro feel. Aim to finish by tommorow and have a demo up and going for some feedback and testing b4 the comp deadline. Hopefully... i wont need to change anything. After all i was playing the game for myself for 45 minutes. Considering its current state thats quite long When its done it should be quite playable and even challenging look forward to getting it uploaded.
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 14:27
-UPDATE- Game Finished. Just have to play around with some menus and then add some nice retro style sounds.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 15:30
[img]www20.brinkster.com/maniacimagine/screen1.jpg[/img]
wow, thats amazing..
Ive also finished my dizzy game but its not very good because i havent had time to work on it..

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:55:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:55:41