Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Laser Assault 3

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a horizontal shmup I made for a compotition at Shmup-dev.com
Here is the link to download it:
http://shmup-dev.com/hcontest/
Its 10th place (yay! I am pretty happy since this is my first compo and I have only been programming for about 2 years...)

Here are some screens:

Have fun

DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 02:31
looks good.

visit my site (unfinished)
www.freewebs.com/dbnewbie
Drew the G
User Banned
Posted: 8th Apr 2006 18:03 Edited at: 8th Apr 2006 18:07
Hey this game rocked. Good job on 10th place. It should've been in the top 5 in my opinion. Good work.

BTW - Wasn't this open source?
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! I don't agree with it being 5th though. I agree with it being 10th place.

uh...I don't remember that, but here is the code:

And attatched is the media (without the music because it is too big)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2006 01:37
Great game, as I've said before.

So, What do you think Laser Assault 4 will be like? I can only imagine based on the diff. between this and LA2

Drew the G
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2006 01:39
You didn't say it would be open source, but all your games are.

I... NEvermind, I wouldn't post the source.
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " Great game, as I've said before. "

Thanks

Quote: "So, What do you think Laser Assault 4 will be like? I can only imagine based on the diff. between this and LA2"

Wow...Laser Assault 4? Don't know yet. I want to make an RPG and another planned game, and maybe another horizontal shooter with another name and theme...but I will probably make another. It will hopefully be in 3D (If I can figure out how to model )

Quote: " You didn't say it would be open source, but all your games are. "

I want to give the source of every game I make so others can learn from it, except for if I sell it (of course)

Quote: "I... NEvermind, I wouldn't post the source."

Why not?

Drew the G
User Banned
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 00:33
DON'T Trust me on this one, but it's okay, if your think you should. Just be very careful.

"Bug? That's a feature."
"Retreat? We're advancing in a different direction."
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 13:56
Laser Assault 3? It doesent feel so long ago I played LA2. Anyway, its a good game. Nice done. Very intencive, just as LA2, but much better grafics. Good work .
Stora tomtefar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 08:56
This was really good, and fun to! A little detail that made me fall in love with the game is that the shots fired by the player doesn't just go stragith ahead, as most do. I think the game looked more proffesional. That, plus the shaking camera when you get hit.

Really good!
However, I think you should cinvert to 3D now. In my opinion, 2D isn't as long lasting as 3D. But that's me talking.

www.godhatessweden.com

Good laughter!
Grace
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2006 05:01
it's pretty darn addictive!

Email me at grace9great@yahoo.com or visit me at www.geocities.com/grace9great/index.html
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you!!!!

Quote: "However, I think you should cinvert to 3D now"

Me too. I can't model very well, but I have a great idea that doesn't need very much modeling. I will begin working on Laser Assault 3 soon. I am still taking a break from DB. I might want to make a car/puzzle game before then though. You will control a car in a city with cartoonish graphics, and for some reason, you can only turn left. You need to drive around the city delivering mail, and avoid cars and people or the police will come after you. I have had that idea for a while now.

Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2006 19:13 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2006 19:14
lol, sounds fun. But you should put in an powerup or something that makes so you only can turn right for a while... to make it more variated. I wish you goodluck.

EDIT:

Quote: "I will begin working on Laser Assault 3 soon."

I guess you mean Laser Assault 4.
Tachyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2006 10:47
The game realy good and addictive. Its traditional 2d shooter in all areas, and everything works out pretty well.

Some ideas: Little bit of lightning or color, it's now quite dark. Bitmap fonts and other shining, i found a plugin someday: http://www.accode.com/dbp.htm (Scroll down). And somekind of info that says how many points you have to score to get to the next level, so players keep playing untill they reach the limit of impossible

It's well done, and that open source thing is realy good. I wish I or this would have been around when I was thinking of coding some powerup logics in my first game

Ps. You should make a website or forum post for your open source games, just like I have for my games, they are all oss too.

DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2006 18:04
asome you should make a laser assult 4 online.

visit my site (unfinished)
www.freewebs.com/dbnewbie
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you!!!

I have DBC, so I can't use it, but thank you though.

Quote: "You should make a website or forum post for your open source games"

I might make a forum post once I get a big enough collection, but as for websites, I can't find any hosting services that don't have a ton of ads, and allow uploading .rar or .zip files. Can you tell me of a good one?

Quote: "you should make a laser assult 4 online"

no

I don't know any web-based programming languages. Only HTML, but that isn't much help

Drew the G
User Banned
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 18:08
I think he means, make it online through DBC. I know it's hard, but then again, save up for DBP. That's what I did.

"Bug? That's a feature."
"Retreat? We're advancing in a different direction."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:35:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:35:07