Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Changing Skys and another question...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am a n00b to FPSC and I have a few questions that I would most greatly appreciate if you could answer them. (KEY: = Not Answered = Answered)

1. How do you change the sky? I saw some people do that.

2. How do you change the color of the exterior of a segment.

That's all, thanks to everyone who answers my questions
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 20:50
1. Read the manual.
2. Read the manual before asking.
3. Read the manual (hardcopy & pdf) before asking anything at all.

Well, all answered now.....

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://megagaming.taken.to
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!
K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2006 21:47 Edited at: 10th Apr 2006 21:49
To change the exterior of a segment you need to alter its texture, this is a DDS file found in the texture bank. To change it you're going to need a converter such as DDS convertor 2 (download.com). And some of image editing software, such as Adobe photo shop. After that your're on your own.

@Benjamin - please refrain from telling people to "read the manual", if you don't know don't post.

<('.')> <(@.@)> <(-.-)>
GO TEXT KIRBY
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2006 22:47
K Jah, are you kidding me? I do know and if you'd seen screenshots of my projects, you'd knew I know, but since you don't think I can check the attached picture.

But people really need to read the manual even if you don't agree, it would cut the forum posts in half.

Besides the solution you give is very foolish. By doing this he would alter the original textures and you really don't want to do that. It's much better to make your own new segments.

Obviously you rather give the same advice over and over again, instead of refering people back to the manual, which contains a lot of the info they need. They may actually learn something from reading the manual.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2006 05:14 Edited at: 11th Apr 2006 05:16
Tell him to read the manual for the "sky" one, no problem there.

But stop being so arrogant to not help him with changing a texture. Would you consiter it 'fair' if lets say you can't script, and if you asked for a randomly moving/bouncing ball, someone just said "read the manual, figure out the scripts".

The manual may contain information on creating new segments, but it is rather vauge in exactally what the stuff in the .fpe file actually means. Just as they are vauge on how to construct a working script. You need to learn it on your own. And it certainly doesn't cover editing textures... well, I've veiw the scripts portion more then the rest, so mabey there is some obsure section.

Now, if someone asks how to edit something as simple as the hurtzone, you CAN tell them 'read the manual', but at least point them in the right direction. I would expect people to learn on the simplest levels what a few of these commands do.

Very nice screenie /golfclap don't know what you are seeking to prove.

We all have our inner noob.
Join the NJL: We have MORE fun!
When in doubt, blame a mod!
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2006 17:18
Quote: "You need to learn it on your own. And it certainly doesn't cover editing textures"

I know, but at least the manual is a good start and most users don't even really seem to read it. I've learned all it through the manual and experimenting with the knowledge gained throuhg the manual, so from that point of view, I don't think it's arrogant at all.

FPSC is really so easy, you just need to be prepared to invest time in it and people around here seem to have it for about an hour and then asking tons of questions that could be easily avoided by just reading through the manual and using the search button.

My screenshot was for K Jah..... read his post.

Anyway if I sounded arrogant, I'm sorry didn't intend to. I'm refrain from posting the next time, I'm getting a bit tired of this forum and the constant refusal by people to use tools like forum search and manual.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 05:24 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 05:26
Forum Search needs a tutorial... Seriously, you want to find a script on opening a locked door with a key, what do you type?
too many people type open locked door with key

NOOOO

Type in "door", Search
Type in "key", Search

I don't know how else to explain it, another problem is that many of these kids are search engine defient, they don't know that phrases should be quoted, that the LESS 'extra' words you put in, the more accurate your results. Hell, several search engines now do it for you because many people were too stupid to understand
"The President of the United States" is unessisary, the key words are President and "United States"

Or excessive descriptions, IE
Name of French Prison Stormed and Raided during French Revolution
Key Words "French Revolution" and Prison.

With TGC, they don't search words sepratly, they search phrases. So it is better to enter your best Key Phrase (better as a word) to find what you want.

Quote: "I do know and if you'd seen screenshots of my projects, you'd knew I know, but since you don't think I can check the attached picture."

I did read it, only times I don't read a thread is if "a, the post is Uman's (sorry, I skim them), b, ALL the posts are Uman's." What I am saying is what IN the screen shot are you refering to? The textures, the framerate... the... uh... layout.

Certainty is lost quickly, to you, it seems clear. You posted a picture, and others should know what it is. But what are you refering to? Is it the (new?) textures, the texture tint difference. The door texture. Or in refrence to your 'projects' are you meaning that this IS your project.

Looks up, I should stop overanalyzing... takes anti-analysis drugs. Probally was just the textures...

We all have our inner noob.
Join the NJL: We have MORE fun!
When in doubt, blame a mod!
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 11:31
For christ's sake guys, this is what ruins the boards!
Just becuase someone doesnt know whow to do something, dont just say "manual"...
It takes like 1 minutes to explain, so just try and help people out instead of singing yourm praises like "Hmmm im not going to tell you how, simply, because then youll know how, too"

Heres how you do the sky, s0m30n3:

Go to file>>build game>>level settings>> and then click on the "Edit" button next to "global script" and there is sky, on quite a few options... click the 3 dots next to it and look through the folder you get put in.

I hope this helps, and i hope people will learn to be more respectful and help...

Your in gaming,
Dan.

Weeee

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 13:31:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 13:31:06