Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / This forum is taking a turn for the worse

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 03:19
Ok guys, I counted 7 locked threads... lets try to support each other rather than flaming... I mean honestly don't just tell people that they suck. Rather, try to help them make it better.

You guys can flame me all you want, but look at what I said above.

We are all trying to make an awsome game, lets try to help eachother reach that goal.

Athlon 3500 - xfx 6800XTreme - 1GB RAM - 200 GB HD
Sound card and speakers - ****
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 03:20
Quote: "I counted 7 locked threads"

Let make that 8, by locking this one.

Papa Lazarou: Your my wife now!

Model Pack: Tools: http://www.league-of-lunatics.co.uk/3d/tools.htm
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
this is gonna get locked and your maybe gonna get banned so *BeWarE*

Silent Hill
Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 03:41
leve the poor guy alone

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/3343/gifbanner8kd.gif
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 03:42 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 03:43
People complain that the mods don't take enough interest in the forum... Then one comes and tries to tidy it up a bit and someone complains...

@Jrock -- Not all the threads were locked because of flaming
Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 03:44
I'm not saying the threads were locked because of it, I am just saying that people on these forums... hate noobs. I don't know what else to say.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 03:47
Just ignore it, dont worry about what others think. If every one did that, there wouldnt be pointless threads like this.

Papa Lazarou: Your my wife now!

Model Pack: Tools: http://www.league-of-lunatics.co.uk/3d/tools.htm
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 03:49
@Thraxas
Okay, one of the Riker 9's were taken down because we had too many of them.
And the "Mistake" thread was taken down because it was designed to be a 'flamebait'.

@Vanbeck "If you used the software before, then you should be able to answer the simplest of questions"

But a very good point has been brought up. You all need to control your flaming. Constructive Critisim, not an outright attack on another forum user. They don't need 7 people telling them the same thing, and certainly not the 'gimik' that went on in 'Airplane' (it is a movie, watch it).

I am happy that the mods have come, I just wish that they would allow us to disscuss this, even though each thread of this topic is a destined flamebait, it is about OUR tendency to flame others as a whole. Good Phycological Stuff!

We all have our inner noob.
Join the NJL: We have MORE fun!
When in doubt, blame a mod!
Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 03:51
Alas, someone agrees with me.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 03:54 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 04:04
Maybe I misunderstood what JRock was trying to say in his original post...

[Edit]
Yes my mistake... I thought Jrock was saying something else
Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 03:56
Yes, I don't think I put it very clearly.

What I am trying to say is that when a noob comes along and asks/says/does something stupid, you all start flaming them to death.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
well when i came every one hated me but now every one is cool with me i hate that to cuz some people were noobs once...Every one was...

Silent Hill
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 04:29 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 04:29
When anyone says/does something, someone will find a fault, and flames.

But extend that further, sometimes a post might not directly flame, but the context could be insulting. For instance, a recent post by Ben A said

1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Manual
3. For all questions, Read the Manual

1 I did agree was excessivly covered in the manual, but 2, which was about texture changes, what does the manual provide you for that? It hardly goes over making new entitys, let alone segments or weapons. Number 3 was added by him, this now insults the person by making him feel stupid, it even makes him less likely to ask another question due to the inhospitable response recieved.

You know what his reasoning was?
I am tired of answering questions

Which brings us to another point, so many people reply to another thread with their own insults. WHY? Tell me ONE good reason to repeat what others have said? To hurt someone further after the inital blow?

Liz, you originally posted upto 6 posts in a row, you changed, but now you have developed an arrogance tword others, the same questions you asked once you dismiss with anger and language.

Tom, I think you have increased your postings since you originally came here, but even though my memory serves to tell me you posted harsh 'replies' I do believe that your insults were kept to those who afronted you.

Higgins, I lost you over the months, I will find you again.

Liz, everone hated the fact that you would NOT stop doing some 'noobie' habits. Not you, but the habits.

NestEgg
Years of Service
User Offline
This forum is taking a turn for the best I think it is about time, maybe I will post some more.
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
onepost@

i get realy argry you havent seen the evil side of me...yet so id best you dont say nothing and that gose for every one i can be nica and kind or i can be a realy mean b!tch so it all depends on what people say...

So Watch what you say

Silent Hill
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 05:24
Ah, yes. I can feel the lock coming down on this thread already.

What I will say is this: I myself am still mostly a noob. However, I happen to read the manual and use the search feature to answer most of my questions. I get annoyed by some people who obviously don't do these things, but I don't respond to them with "Read the manual you stooooopid noob! Get off the forum you're gay how noobish" etc.

My main concern is the recent spamming of the forum by one of our newer members, and the insults.

Then again, when we all want to see a thread locked, all we really have to do is start flaming one another bad enough and the mods will lock it for us.

Is any of that going on?

Avaric Entertainment
Team Leader/Lead Developer
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 05:46
Liz, let me reiterate, you were once a noob.
You once did what other members did, some people yelled.
You continued doing those same things for a long time... more people yelled.
You stopped doing those behaviors, people stopped yelling.

Were we harsh on you, yes, you insisted on a behaviors that we wanted corrected, but one time posters are literally new noobs, they don't know any of this yet. The time for harshness comes AFTER they are told.

Don't refer to a person by "one of our newer members" say wanted ninja (with evil insides avatar). It is about other peoples reactions, the words "I know what you did" will make anyone’s heart jump, the worst thing you ever did pops into your mind. "I know what Sarah Goldstien did" is less threatening, you know you are not Sarah so you don't react to it. Some people might even think what Wanted Ninja did was appropriate, so by masking the persons name you are hiding the behavior.
I personally think society is flawed, our notions on life, on child rearing, stem from too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.

My favorite "If someone tells you to join their gang, say no and walk away"

My version: "If someone tells you to join their gang or else they will kill you, kindly run away and attempt to live before a) they catch you or b) they catch you on another day. Be sure to tattle tale so they get REALLY angry at you."

But that is a different discussion.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
i know i get realy mad...but...how do you know all this?

Silent Hill
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 10:12 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 10:15
Quote: "@Vanbeck "If you used the software before, then you should be able to answer the simplest of questions""

Onepost, Where the hell did you pluck MY name from?

I've got nothing to do with the recent tidyings around here, so please refrain from dragging my name onto these cruddy threads.

If you guys cant handle it, stop posting like a bunch of pre-school kids.

Wa wa, bad mod come and ruin my post with some common sense wahhhhhh.

Van-B

Aegrescit medendo
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 10:32 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 10:33
you guys you should stop calling each other noobs... instead call them newbs... theres a [b][u][i]huge difference... if you want to know what it is then...|
|
|
/
/
http://www.shawn64.com/mochastorage/cgtn.html

its also kinda funny

Edit: oops sry bout all the bold underline etc..... mmy bad

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Bet you didn't understand that. btw, ROCK ON, Resident Evil!!!
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 16:38
There's way too much flaming and way too many useless threads in this forum. I will continue to lock anything that goes too far off-topic or turns into a flamewar. If there are only a couple posts that start to flame a genuinely useful thread, then I will delete those posts and leave the thread open. If a user continues to flame for no reason then they will be given a temporary ban.

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 17:25
Feel free to lock this one.

FLA
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 18:02
Thanks MODs! keep up the good work!

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 18:18
I've been out working my but off and now returning to work on my games
and movies..humm What did I miss? Ho wait..Don't tell me.let me guess...Things haven't gotten any better around here? Well at least over at the 3D chat my questions are being answered.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 18:34
That is because over in that forum they take things a little more seriously...maybe too serious...and the forum members won't wait for a mod to slap someone.They do a pretty good job of policing themselves.
If you can't find an answer in the FPSC forums about models that is the best place to look.

FLA
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 20:30
OnePost, I'm very much insulted by you bringing up this whole read the manual issue especially since you failed to quote the complete message.

I didn't intent to insult anyone and you know that, I even apologized for the answering like I did, but you do fail to mention it.

You not being fair at all, I didn't intent to flame or anything like that.

Imo one of reason this forum has gone bad, and yes I'm getting tired of it, is that people constantly ask the same questions. Also people do offer completely stolen or partly stolen or faulty FPSC add-ons, mods not being around enough (I'm glad we've got a new one now) and also the lack of TGC participating in this forum, to clearify some of the issues with FPSC.

Another big reason for some of the forum issues is people actually not carefully reading posts, constantly highjacking of posts and only quoting half truths.

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 23:32
Ok, I'm going to break my rule and lower myself to your guyses (and gals, not going to forget Liz) level by posting in a thread other than my own.

Here is my breakdown of the FPSC forum:

SCREWED UP. EXACTLY AS VAN B AND DAVID J HAVE SAID, YOU GUYS WASTE SOOOOO MUCH SPACE WITH POINTLESS COMMENTS.

If you took a look at the Beyond Virtual or Unity forums, you guys would be AMAZED at how differant (for the better) they are. There's no flaming or anti noobism! Someone asks a question and it is awnsered politely and wholey. People dont NEED to make threads about how gay the place is or where its going. You guys are realy pathetic. That is why I left. See, FPSC isnt realy all that great. BUT, if you know as much as I do about it, then you want to help the newcommers. But of course, there has to be the people there to ruin it for you and the newbs (your right, there is a differance between noob and newb). The people that do EXACTLY what you asked them not to do (like when I KINDLY offered to make models for people).

And you guys take everything here too seriously so I'm going to say this:

GET, A, FU*KING, LIFE! THIS IS A FORUM! A WEB SITE. ITS ALL FAKE! THERE IS NO REALITY ABOUT ANY OF THIS!

PS to the mods: PLEASE lock EVERY thread that has ANY flaming or pointlessness. you guys are doing an, ok job. But this place needs some serious cleaning up.

_|_ UP YOURS!

Your signature has been erased by a mod. We don't want your pyramind schemes, thanks.
Your welcome rich Just had to add some stupid comment in there, didnt ya?
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 23:35 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 23:38
@Vanbeck:
I guessed... I also am curious, where are we whining? We are whinning at the people who CAUSED them to be locked.
Was there reason for the lock? Yes.
Is it Justified? Yes.
Do 'some' of us agree with the lock? Yes.

But the REASON they were locked is because of a large portion of the user clientel being too agressive and insulting others, this is what this thread is about. Those who are insulting others. It is like... a group theorpy, you could say.

Now remeber group, hold the person nearst you and say "I'm sorry"

@BenA:
My memory fails me overtime, if I could recall a better example, I would have posted that one... I do believe there have been worse displays of the same issue. My post is a little baised in context, however. So yes, I was harsh, and I do apologise for that. I DID post this before reading your own message, You can check the times if you wish (i typically reply to anything).

There was no 'real' misquoting, I typed in general, the reply that was given. This allows me to adress it more as an example, then a post. The reasoning for my other line about your reply was both to start the direction of disscussion and get those who reply more... bit<hy to look at their past. Those same words are all over these boards, mabey not in their posts, but in the attitude presented.

But the point I was bringing across was not the fact that a persons INTENT is to flame, but that the way they say something can be miss-interpreted as a flame. Even this is a good example, it was written for the enlightenment of others, and interpreted by the original, you, as an insult.

@I has returned:
I HATE MEMORIES!
Those boards are 'policed' more civil then these, threads aren't resurected for the sheare need to 'police' them some more, people aren't followed for an act they did once. Mabey multiple times, but surly not once. And above all, I 'recall' that the first reply would typically give a reason as to why the thread is not allowed.

FPSC Version (each line represents a cleaned up post)
You are an IDIOT
This is going to get locked!
You retard.
We don't care
Go away
I am sorry for the posts before me, we don't allow story threads.

@Liz: I can remeber somethings pretty well.

@Chris B: I am offended by the depiction of a middle finger protruding into my ass.
But the fact is, this is a new thread... join the spritual worship of the anti-flamitory league

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 23:41
OnePost, forums can be complicated at times, aren't they?

Thanks for the clarification makes it much more clear.

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!
Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 00:47
Amazing. No flaming at all. It must be a miracle from God or somtin.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 00:53 Edited at: 13th Apr 2006 02:11
I was once god

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=76370&b=25

I left the showcase threads because of acting up, but seriously...

Tom, is ANY of that needed?
Higgins, So he can't texture. At least he tried.
Paul, Why are you insulting a guy for TRYING? Where is YOUR game? Your textures?
Programer, I want you banned. Out of all all the comments, yours was the worst. You can flame others when you have been here longer. Is that what this forum has turned into? Stay here long enough so you can flame others. And don't tell me that you ment he was still a noob, Who CARES. You are a noob in my eyes, 'I' have been here longer then YOU.

Now name ONE good reason for that behavior. I thought I saw bad with just a STORY thread, but SERIOUSLY what do you expect out of a kid? Perfect games? GIVE THEM A BREAK.

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 02:35
i agree, you guys really have to stop flaming each other. If you dont like it, then leave the thread.

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
No it was not necessary.

Tom

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 03:45
there are sooo many theads with this SAME agrument!!!

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 06:06 Edited at: 13th Apr 2006 07:09
You know ChrisB...I never thought I'd hear that from you. It's about time you came up and offered some real talk and advice...So...I here by
declare you legaly respected. So go and download that chainsaw I converted for FPSC over at the FPSC resource site as a peace offering and tell me weather it sucked or you liked it. Every generic FPS game engine should have one..hahaha. Just kidding. Ho come on people..Wanna know why I said " Why is FPSC on the shelfs?" on the Martketing Mistake thread? Guys, Guys, Guys, and Gals..You took it far,far,far,far too seriously. There are seriously hungry and starving independent game developers who feel if FPSC gets out too early how are "they"- hungry artists going to make ther money back? Somebody could buy my game, Your GAME, LizBizz's game, Bullshocks game
CellBloc's hard work would be for nothing if it gets out before we could get our stuff out.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 06:09
What I'm saying is..."Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 07:03 Edited at: 13th Apr 2006 07:06
If any thread is out of control..It's the "Showcase" thread. As of this time and date I will not have anything to do with that part of this fourm. Talk about crap and ME..ME..ME Look at this! Look at that.. My game is gonna be good! Screenshots of my first piece of trash. Put downs..Put downs and more crap. Well I think you get the message.
The Showcase thread sucks and should be taken down or re-hire a mod who is not sleeping at the concole while Mr. Burns isn't watching.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 07:08
God forbid this was a live audio/video feed like Mplayer a couple of years ago. "Hey I just had a thought!" hummmmmmmmm

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 07:42
have u noticed the EDIT BUTTON as of yet?

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 10:36
Quote: "I am just saying that people on these forums... hate noobs. "

Some people, not all.

Quote: "This forum is taking a turn for the best "

I agree.

Quote: "I personally think society is flawed, our notions on life, on child rearing, stem from too far back to be of relevance in this day and time."

A quote that will stand the test of time...lol

Quote: "If you guys cant handle it, stop posting like a bunch of pre-school kids.

Wa wa, bad mod come and ruin my post with some common sense wahhhhhh.

Van-B
"

lol

Quote: "Another big reason for some of the forum issues is people actually not carefully reading posts, constantly highjacking of posts and only quoting half truths."

TAKE ME TO Amsterdam!

Quote: "ITS ALL FAKE! THERE IS NO REALITY ABOUT ANY OF THIS!"

TAKE ME TO Amsterdam!

Quote: "Now remeber group, hold the person nearst you and say "I'm sorry""

You hand is way too low!

Conjured Conclusion:
It's only bad if you perceive it that way.
Whether it be their view of someone's game, or your view of them.
It's all good if you want it to be.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 10:55
I want some of whatever you're on...lol

FLA
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 23:06
thanks for the info DR.Phil lol Just kidding conjured!

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 23:34
Quote: "I personally think society is flawed, our notions on life, on child rearing, stem from too far back to be of relevance in this day and time."

Quote: "A quote that will stand the test of time"

That is because it is true.

Quote: "It's only bad if you perceive it that way.
Whether it be their view of someone's game, or your view of them.
It's all good if you want it to be."

Quote: "FLAME THIS FU*KING N00B!!!"

I do not see how that statment can be reversed for the good.
Wait, I get it, he wants to bring the sex craved noob into the afterlife.

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 02:48
@onepost - yes i suppose my post was a little harsh. I'll cut down on the flaming.

Fujitsu-Siemens "Scaleo-P" with Windows XP OS, Pentium 4, 3.2GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, and a 128MB ATI RADEON X300 Graphics card.
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "YOU GUYS WASTE SOOOOO MUCH SPACE WITH POINTLESS COMMENTS"

Chris.. 3 words...pot,kettle,black. ok? and if you dont follow,then in 1 word "bon jovi" get it?

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
no one realy care what they say...

Silent Hill

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 13:27:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 13:27:17