Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Best way to make doors?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Suppose I want to connect Control Room Low with Maintenance Corridor via a door, what is the best method? Using interior mode, drawing the maintenance corridor deletes the control room's wall and does not place a maintenance corridor wall either, forcing me to manually add a new Control Room wall and mainteance wall. Using exterior mode, it does not delete the control room's wall but it does not place a new wall for the maintenance corridor either.

Is there a way to connect corridors to rooms without having to go back and manually add walls for the door?
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 06:24
Hmm... well, I may as well prove to the people here that I know something, so I'll give you some help.

When placing a segment, hit "M" and you will place only that segment's walls. Hit "F" and you will place only the floor. You can use this to place two different segments next to one another without combining them and losing the wall that the door would go on.

If it doesn't work, play around with it until it does.

Avaric Entertainment
Team Leader/Lead Developer
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 23:53
Where your corridor meets the room, use the corridors' dead end section. This will give you the end wall for the corridor and the best possible look. It will remove the room wall, so you will have to go back and replace the rooms' wall as op89x described above (using the M key). Then add the door to the room section.

According to the manual, that's how it's done.

Crazy Grandpa

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 13:32:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 13:32:18