Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Dragon Ball Z - Legacy Of Goku

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So this is my project , a Dragon Ball Z game based on
Legacy Of Goku (GBA) , i want to use the 3d models of bid for power DBZ
to make my own dbz game , ive collected almost everything i need except sounds
all i have left is creating the animation and then i will be able to start coding , Soon im gonna post screens !!
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 18:20
sound like it's gonna be a cool game plus i love dragon ball Z!!! looking forward to some screenshots x-d

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 20:30
i'd be excited but the GBA version should've been taken outside and stopped on several times ... hopefully you'll actually make a good game

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
RisTar
Years of Service
User Offline
i know the gba version pretty sucks , but when i say based on the legacy
i mean that its gonna be a full adventure story game not just fighting !
but ive collected all of the things i need my only poblem is animations
but im very vlose to do that too !

LLX
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i'd be excited but the GBA version should've been taken outside and stopped on several times ... hopefully you'll actually make a good game
"

Feh your only saying that cuaes its not Legacy of Vegetta

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 10:59 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2003 11:02
Yeah that tripple sucked (gba version) the bid for power mod was so much better than any of the commercially released dbz games, but you could do something much better again in db, Need a single player mission structure. I haven't had a chance to play budokai yet, no playstation and my bro (curses) 'aint into dbz so I can't try it on his....
Infogrames won't be happy if you outdo them but who gives a rat's cuss?
Do it justice LLX

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 14:13
LLX i thank god it isn't the legacy of Vegeta - cause then it'd of made me so sad ... cause it was just so pathetic.
but then Budokai was also pretty pathetic ... infact the best DBZ game i've ever played has been Bid For Power, which Funimation slapped a cease and desist order on (morons).

However i'd suggest if you base you game on anything, base it on DBGT as that isn't the property of Funimation and there are no legal binds to using the characters within in the same way as the Candian company that reedited for UK (and now US) TV are the same guys that did Zoids, and are pretty open as they don't rely on huge dividends from large licences like Funimation did (which is particially why Toei Animation awarded them the contract for it)
Secondly unlike Funimation they've not cut it up several ways from Sunday, a recent episode where Goku gets naked and swims around and the fact there is the 'damn' word and a few other are now in there.

unfortunately it is only small percent of the original cast from DBZ, but hopefully they can Chris Sabat over to cause i liked his Vegeta voice (they have him on the pay roll so i think its probably a problem with Funimation as both DBZ and DBGT were being voiced at the same time)
Though i think its cool they got Mathew (can't remember last name) over for Trunks, cause i liked his voice for future trunks ...

i'd say concentrate on a good story, but remember RPG style battling and training is a huge part of DragonBall so make sure you plan it well.

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
RisTar
Years of Service
User Offline
already did ! but i say it again i cant get the animation from DBZ Bid for power so i need to recreat there animation and i really dont know how to do that so if some one can help me with that it will be great !!!
that way im gonna send screens sooner !

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 20:16
I don't know if it helps, but I do a perfect Oolong voice, I kinda got Piccolo down but somehow I can perfectly mimic the US Oolong.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
RisTar
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyway Some one think that he can help me with the animations ???

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 03:01
ya know its creepy but i do a damn'd good Vegeta and a cool Dabura... as the same guy does piccolo i'd love to do that - but i don't have a croaky enough voice i think.

and i didn't say make it IDENTICAL to BFP, just ya know base it on it - geez lol

LLX
Years of Service
User Offline
Speaking of Zoids raven, i run a Zoids Web RPG, and one of my players wants to pay the guy who did the Pioneer flash Zoids site to do one for the rpg but said web developer said we need permision, ives already email Hasbro but just how do i contact Tomy: the originators, and anyone else i would need to.

NetBounty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 09:40
Should be good, as i really like DBZ, but I betcha the idiots at FunI slap you with something about the license.

Change the characters slightly unless your models are so dodge they don't look anything like the real characters, and rename it.
"SnakeBall X" or "Magic Ball z", although most of them are probably ripped straight from dodgey pirated copied toys.

www.pulsesoftware.xrs.net
Under Complete Reconstruction
RisTar
Years of Service
User Offline
well if some one would like to help ! send me a msg on Massanger
ilshlomi@walla.co.il

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 17:29
erm ... i think you need to contact Tomy of Japan, i'm sure the Email for the PR there will on the Tomy.com site - and they can usually redirect you or deal for you with the right people

gimme a day and i'll see what company you need to contact and where, just send out some word today and see what i can come up with

LLX
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks Vegies, ya i know i have to contact Tomy but i cant read a japanese site so fiding the emai laddy would be...difficult.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 19:07
no its oki... if you send emails to them in english, they'll send you a reply in english (oftenly better than most here can type)

LLX
Years of Service
User Offline
but where do i find the email adress on a jap site? and who else do i need to contact besides hasbro and Tomy?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 00:21
don't goto the jap site... goto the American one, get thier PR Email - email that asking them where you need to email to get rights for this kind of thing... at which point they'll either tell you or give you the japanese one and say to ask them

i think if your in Canada/America/Europe then you actually need to contact the animation company over rights - hehee (just to make things quite confusing enough) as they'll hold the actual rights to the Series and Characters. which is really what you want, no?

i mean to be honest your Webmaster should be the one to find out the permissions for the site you do, and if he's done it before then he should already know.

LLX
Years of Service
User Offline
you have a point theire ill ask the webmaster.

RisTar
Years of Service
User Offline
ppls u dont understand i cant start my project without the animation for my models , plz help me making the animation
!

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 14:01
Yea you can, work on the engine.

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!
RisTar
Years of Service
User Offline
well ive found myseld n animator !
Screen shots will be there in 2-3 weeks !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 17:08:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 17:08:20