Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Using FPS as a product walkthrough demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I'm new to FPS having registered recently. Just a question - can I dsiable the STATUS PANEL options in the Build Game so that the Lives, Health and Ammo status don't show on the screen?

I have tried using FPS the past few days and it suddenly occurred to me that it can be used as a product walkthrough demo instead of purely FPS.

I have removed the values in the STATUS PANEL and though the details are gone, I'm not sure whether it's the right method; or is there an option to enable/disable them by default?

Rgds
ArtyWorx
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 18:55
You can create transparent huds that are invisible and replace the default ones with those.
The huds may still be there but nobody can see them because they are invisible.

FLA
We are all noobs at something!
Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 19:23
just change the x and y positions to insanly high numbers then they will be off the screen entirly!

Keyboard not found!
Press any key to continue
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 20:07
Yes you can get rid of them, I've created a non fps project with FPSC and took all of that fps releated items out . In the build game options you can just clear the line that points to them. Or if you want to move them on a more permanent base, replace the original files with a very small transparent tga file, that should do the trick also.

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!
ArtyWorx
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,
Thanks for the reply. I'm slowly getting into the game.. and am trying hard to learn as fast as I can. It's relatively easy.. the hardest is to get the good models and objects.

I bought Magic FPS and it's great.. I've already done some mockups of product posters, walls, etc.. and these can be added into my project easily.

Apart from FPS game, I think FPS can do more.. perhaps to have 'easy options' to enable/disable certain game specific options.

Anyway, as the days go by, I believe by experimenting.. I'll definitely get more 'experienced'..

Thanks again!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 13:28:45
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 13:28:45