Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Need some Answers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I'm thinking about purchasing FPS but i just want to know if it is possible to include some of features that I want to have in my game:
Is it possible to have a melee attack such as a punch or a kick
Adding non Projectile weapons such as a knife to attack people
Have a 3rd Person Camera for cutscenes
and i'm sure i can think of other questions to ask.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 21:12
Yes
Yes
Technical Yes, the player can be turned into a camera, but it takes a lot of time to script a cutscene

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Sanders
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks very much. So you could script the player to be a camera and the logic would be to have a NPC become a Playable character by changing the command settings to affect his movements rather than player's characters movements (If to say you wanted a 3rd person view of your player)
Sanders
Years of Service
User Offline
Also is it possible to respawn enemies after they have been defeated?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 01:33
Yes.

FLA
We are all noobs at something!
Sanders
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome, I'll put an order in now for it. Thanks people.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 17:50
Quote: "Have a 3rd Person Camera for cutscenes"

Even though OnePost says yes, I'll say no way..... many claims have been made about this, none has shown proof (as happens with a lot of claims around here), so don't get your hopes high. Even if it's possible you'll need a lot of experience and time to script it, but even then I do doubt you can pull it off.

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!
deadly knife
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 18:00 Edited at: 19th Apr 2006 18:01
its not call fps creator for nothing (first person shooter)

its not 3pscreator so noooo to 3dps cameras

knifing kis kick ass
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 07:16
Ben A, many claims have been made against claims, but no one thinks to check a thread in the scripts forum that has that very issue resolved?

I told you how to turn the player into a camera, now you CAN create an elaborate play with scripts (waypoints make things easier) but it still is alot to deal with... and there is the fact that the plr still has a bit of guncontrol... (annoying part)

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Sanders
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, thanx guys, I reckon with a bit of trial and error i might be able to come up with a code anywayz. Are you sure about Melee weapons tho? I've been looking around but I can't seem to see any referance to being able to have them in a game?
Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "OK, thanx guys, I reckon with a bit of trial and error i might be able to come up with a code anywayz. Are you sure about Melee weapons tho? I've been looking around but I can't seem to see any referance to being able to have them in a game?"
You have to do it your self ok you have to get the enitie maker ( i think ) then get an image of a knife from a picture use thr tutoriol im not an expert at fpsc at least not yet
Sanders
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool, that clarifies that bit. thanks. I spose u could make the knife a gun which has minimal firing distance, etc and change the noise rather than code it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:23:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:23:26