Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Help: Trigger Sounds in Different Area's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
These forums have been great but I need a little more help.

How do you trigger a sound so you hear it in another place. e.g. you walk on the trigger and hear the sound in another room.

I tried using shift and dragging the trigger box into a different spot then the trigger area -screenshot included- and the sound still sounds like its right in front of you. Can anyone help, im new to this.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 13:12
Shouldn't you just make make a sound segment in that room? I think that it you just have to put it in both rooms.

Black Terror
Official Website
Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 14:12
press shift and click as if u were increasing the sound area

Doom,where the sanest place is behind a trigger.
Mighty Link
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to create a good effect with the screams, like down a hall for e.g.

I just had a new idea, can someone quickly tell me how to use a trigger and trigger the sound zone in the other place? I tried filling in the "ifused" but no luck.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 21:02
To set up a "distant" sound to play

1.Will require an entity which plays the sound - this could be any entity but if you just want to have a sound play it could be just an invisible box entity (collision off) and script attached which just tells it to play the sound when triggered. It would need to wait for an activate if used command from a trigger.

2. A trigger object - this could be a default trigger zone using the script plrinzone activate if used - that usually works or could be the same invisible box as above with your own trigger script attached.

Default sound and trigger zones can be a bit fussy as to how and where they are used. You might as well learn how to set up your own as you will need them and the knowledge at some stage if you want to set up anything complex that the engine does not like doing by default.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 13:31:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 13:31:18