Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 12:35
hi there,

is it possible to place coronas for lights ?

best regards,
kutte128
Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 17:01
Coronas? wha? do you mean Cones? Cones of light?

Killer Snails are Good-------------------
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 18:28
Coronas: Glows from light like its misty.

Possible with textures but i'm not too sure.

AE

Play my Basic Trainning Level: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=72985&b=25&p=0
**Crosshair pack coming soon**
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 19:04
Yes, it's possible with textures, but that would be static/fake. FPSC is not that sophisticated.

Crazy Grandpa
kutte128
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 20:18
thanks for the replies.

strange that fpcs lacks such an important and common feature (imho).
but maybe the fake-effect is sufficient for my needs.

best regards,
kutte128
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 20:24
The best option for realism would be to use a decal with a corona effect - which you can set to always face the player. Of course you would possibly need many of them and I could not say how that would impact on fps. But yes the effect could be simulated wih a decal.

You could have two choices for the decal to be animated so the corona could possibly have additional effects such as change colour or grow/shrink in size or alternatively you could set up the decal so that the corona just looked constant and smply moved to face the player at all times.

Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 22:14
Can anyone show me a pic with that effect?, because I really still dont get it-

Killer Snails are Good-------------------
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 22:32
http://www.creations-photos.com/newtonmoonringsmod.jpg

You see, the sun is clearly there and is shining brightly but there is a sort of glow around the edges the feathers out to nothing. This kind effect is picked up by cameras and the naked eye when not adjusted to the light levels or when is misty.

Coronas are best seen after going swimming because you eyes are all bloodshot and all light-sources are blury, allowing us to see a corona.

AE

Play my Basic Trainning Level: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=72985&b=25&p=0
**Crosshair pack coming soon**
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes this is absolutely possible! In fact I've been playing around with the idea with some new models, like a candle for example.

Just make your corona with an alpha channel that fades to black (transparent). Map it to a simple plane, and make a script using the "rotatetoplr" function. You could get even fancier and give it some subtle animation to make it "flicker". Or go all out and even give it an illumination map so that it will be unaffected by any lights in the scene, making it truly glow.

Even there is no so-called native support for coronas, countless games have used this technique. In model pack 2, you can see a similar example from the light beams emitted from the searchlight or the streetlamps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 00:38
As far as I know you wont be able to get the sizeing change for when you get closer and further away, but the decal way seems to be the best possible method. I was disappointed also. It does make for a much better effect on the whole level when it works like it should.

JEEZ!You people just STFU! You waste more space complaining about people wasting space than the people your bashing! Man, I thought I had no life.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 13:32:34
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 13:32:34