Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / DarkMatter Model Pack... Is it worth it's money?!??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2006 05:36
Hi All,

I was merely just wanting to ask anybody here if any of you have actually bought the DarkMatter model pack and have used any of the models in your games? Is the model quality & animations good enough for an FPS Creator game? Just curious to know...

Thank's All...

Best Regards,

Dr.Who

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2006 07:15 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2006 07:16
The models themselves are nice. However, they seem to have been made a while ago...with about 3-5 year old technology in mind.

That is, VERY low poly-count and small texture maps. Not inherently a bad thing, but they kind of look dated next to the characters supplied with FPSC.

Plus, and most importantly, they aren't drag-and-drop compatible with FPSC. You would have to take it upon yourself to rig and export each character with FPSC animations, quite a lot of work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
BIG computer geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2006 21:24
...which is so hard!!!

GOD! dont make it sound harder than it is

The 'Ghastly Panic' Is in production as 'Version 2'

DrWho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2006 08:07
This may be a stupid question guys, But I haven't messed with FPSC for quite awhile ever since I found out that the product doesn't allow for game save & loads which I hope will eventually be incorperated soon I hope! Anyways, Is there a utility program that allows you to make animations for these models or any other models for that matter, And also allow you to export to FPSC? If there is, Please post me a link in the right direction if it wouldn't be to much trouble... Thank's guys

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2006 08:27
I can do it for you, if you get FM2, as I have it. Email/MSN me if you want to, i dont trust these people.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 24th Apr 2006 22:32
Thanks alot Chris! Just Kidding. What program is FM2? Never heard of it.....

Menu Extreme! The answer to Your save & load problem...
Duke Blue Devils
Years of Service
User Offline
FM=Frag Motion????

Visit the official Chicago Rush website
http://chicagorush.servegame.com/index.php
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2006 01:54
i meant DM.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 18:49
I have never bought a modelpack. But I have almost 50 darkmatter models anyway! You can find them at the most strange places... And now theese models are drinking a beer and laughfing with VanB. (ChrisB never leaves His computer!) Hmmmm Strange...

Menu Extreme! The answer to Your save & load problem...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:24:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:24:36