Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / adding new frames to 3d object within DB Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 22:00
Is there any way in which I can add (store new) frames to a 3d object within DB Pro without having to Append and Append again - can I use one of the Commands to generate a new key frame from the 3d object in its new stance/pose???
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 02:41
Why not just make your animation ( one long animation file ) and just pick out the frames you want, for whatever action.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 03:08
memblocks would be the best place to start... download the DarkBasic 1.10 help files to help you with thier layout better (or if you have patch4 then lemme know and i can explain FVF to you)

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 20:51
Raven,

I have DBPro patch 4 - any help you can give greatly appreciated.

I am working on an interim format of my own to store 3d objects with full texture and anim data - but the way things are going my [v slow] format will be ready when hell freezes over or patch 5 is released - whichever is later.

I figured out all by myself that my poser 1/2 models had far too many polygons to load and I have therefore reverted to Milkshape...

Is it possible within DBPro to store new stances/positions as new animation frames (and better yet, then save anim out?)? What is FVF? How do I use it?

Forgive my ignorance!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 21:06 Edited at: 25th Mar 2003 21:09
yes it is capable of saving new stances and animation frames ...
there are just so many ways to animate with Professional its really however you want the animations to work that is the limitation on what you're capable of.

now i've not had the chance to find out if you can still use the old Memblock Mesh format

however according to the help the new format is a little more complex (unless you already know FVF)

remember this is all a single mesh using a single texture
now if you save each frame you want in this format, you can then change the positions of the XYZ for the main mesh every loop with a memblock with this ... so like have the first frame with all of the data, then each consecutive frame with only the potision.

if you use a vector interpol (3dmath) then you can shift the positions between each of the frames without much effort (^_^)

i mean saving out from a memblock doesn't take much at all, just exporting each of the values to the file command

[edit-]
just a side note, i have a feeling that the new format actually draws both front and backfaces so using cull on the object maybe a good idea

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2003 21:24
The memblock is formatted like this:

Addr Meaning
0000 FVF Format (default 338)
0004 Vertex Size (default 36)
0008 Vertex Count
0012 Data (as per Ravens data layout)

Culling is automatic - A triangle is facing you if the corners are drawn in a clockwise direction. If the triangle is not facing you it is culled.

Crude example:

13 - this would be drawn

12 - this wouldn't

Please excuse the 'art'
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2003 23:13
Thanks v much IanM & Raven...

Bighead
Years of Service
User Offline
"however according to the help the new format is a little more complex (unless you already know FVF)"

Raven, in which section/command of the help can the specs of the new format be found?
Bighead
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, forget the question. I happened to find the info within the "Make Memblock From Mesh" command explanation (and also within "Make Mesh From Memblock") ... :-s

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:39:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:39:35