Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Vent probelm need help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well in my game i want to put a vent futher up the wall so that the user needs to climb to reach it, (more relaistic when are vents ever on the ground?) But i cant seem to do it anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks
randbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2006 23:31 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2006 23:34
you can edit the segment by changing the offy0 value as well as the offy1 and offy2 and offy3. offy0 is the floor, offy1 is the ceiling, offy1 and 2 are the sidewalls.
naturally, you are gonna RENAME them and save them as new segments.

ok, in a nutshell:
1. copy ventilationduckstraight.fps ~.bmp and ~.bin to a temp directory
2. edit offy values for all groups that have them. each duct type may have different number of entities in it. note that the floor STARTS at -50, the ceiling STARTS at 0 and the walls START at -25. adjust all 4 entities with those offsets.
3. rename and save all 3 files. i use ventilationductstraight1.fps
4. the other 2 files, ~.bmp and ~.bin, just rename them, DONT CHANGE THEM.
5. move the new files back.
6. ok this is important, make a new level and put a floor and then put this new duct in it and then TEST THE LEVEL. this action will create the .dbo file for the new duct.
7. ok once you have renamed the ~.bmp and ~.bin you need not do it again.

now this works but the one caveat is that the name of the new duct wont show up in the library window on the left side. i never fixed that. you can just pick another one thru the segment menus as normal.

there are six duct pieces to edit. i did this with the gantries and it works. i raised them up so they could stand on the ground instead of in it.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Go up one level, place it on the wall there instead.

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks alot, i will get started on this ASAP i really appreciate the help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:28:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:28:51