Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] How do I make animated water with animated textures (Sprites.)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 24th Apr 2006 01:18
I have never seen anyone make 2d animations in a FPSC game, but I know it can be done. Just take a look at the "lava" floor segment. I cant understand that people are happy with a wave-mesh were the waves arent even moving at all. (The mesh moves up & down.) There really shourld be some kind of 2d sprite editor in FPSC, so We can make better explotions, watereffects, smoke and Yes even animations on the characters wourld be cool! The question is, can this be done today or is FPSC to limited for this? I wourld say that 2D sprites is just as important as save & load

Menu Extreme! The answer to Your save & load problem...
Simon
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=77456&b=24
The pack includes animated water effects
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2006 04:14
Yes it looks nice! Is it FPSC ready? If not it shourldnt be so hard to animate the textures in FPSC. I will open up the "lava" animations and se how they did, if no one here have time to help!

Thanks Simon!

Madwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
is it possible to use .gif files for textures?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 04:09
Simon's animated sprite pack is FPSC ready.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 06:49
Well thats good! Then We can expect that Simon tells us how to do this, I mean now He shourld now how to do it! I rather build a map without segments, it makes the world more realistic, the sad thing is that FPSC dosnt support thoose maps very well, but I hope it will be better in the future. Simons stuff looked great in the video, but I have a list with things to buy first that is more important. I hope that Simon will make a video "How to to work with 2d animations in FPSC"..
Its better to learn Yourself in the long run. But I might buy it anyway later...
Good work Simon, how about making this video?
Many here wourld be happy!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 10:40
They are entities not segments and FPSC supports them quite well.
If you want realistic water,raindrop splatter,ssmoke,fire,etc, then buy this pack.
You never know.Have you tried searching the 2D board?The internet?
The tutorial sticky at the top of Models and Media that has a tutorial on how to make your own particles?
If you click the view button you can see a pic with Simon's animated water.While you can't see the water move I an sure you can see it looks realistic.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 10:45
And here is a pic with some of the smoke and fire effects.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Supremacy
Years of Service
User Offline
where is simon animiated sprite pack ?

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120....
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 07:43
Go to the bottom of the page.type the word "sprite" without quotes and make usre to pick the this forum only option.
One of the threads that pop up should be the one about the animated sprite pack.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 13:38:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 13:38:02