Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Visual Terrain Maker – a Way to Easily Create Landscapes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Visual Terrain Maker is freeware program allows you easily create 3D landscapes for your 3D game. You can edit the mesh visually by your mouse pointer and export to Direct X file format! “What you see is what you get” – style of working makes the program the easiest tool for terrain modeling.

But what are the benefits in comparison with T.ED and other tools? Let's discuss it:

One of the main benefits is that Visual Terrain Maker is freeware!

No special software and hardware required to use this software: Just OpenGL v1.1. Visual Terrain Maker not only can export to Direct X file format (xof 0302txt 0064). It also can save and load internal file format if you need to save your work and continue later. Program combines easy, "what you see is what you get"-style visual landscape modeling and landscape creation wizard every time you launch the program. Program supports bitmap textures, you can effectively stretch or tile the texture onto your landscape. Program includes Viewer and “WYSIWYG” model deformation tools: Sine, Cone, Smoother, Sharp-making tools.
The main features of the program are the followings: Reliable, fast and stable. Program is very compact (about 90Kb executable). All help info in the program window as comments.

Visual terrain Maker also very suitable for Dark Basic developers: It comes with source code examples which show how to make realistic and nice movement of the object (a car) over landscape, created using Visual Terrain Maker and includes function XGetGroundHeight(). This function demonstrates the highest performance and allows to calculate the height of the terrain thousands times per sync! You can easily create FPS, RTS, RPG or racing game with many objects which move over map.

The source code examples make VTM the best choice for DBPro Developer!

To download this software just visit UNGSoft Developers Group website at: http://www.ungsoft.com/vtm/

--
UNGSoft Developers Group
http://www.ungsoft.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2006 00:14
Wow, demos look great, the car demo ran at an easy 340 fps (1gig ram, ATI x600, Athlon64 3700+). Downloading VTM now

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2006 00:18
Oh bloody hell. I don't believe it. You just had to go on and make this "supported by crapware" didn't you? I'm sorry, but I absolutely refuse to install this "Save with TrueRelevance."

You've just lost 99% of users by doing that. Smooth move bro, I actually thought this might be a useful app...

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
dab
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2006 07:11 Edited at: 25th Apr 2006 07:13
Yah, I don't like that either. Remove the whenusave thing, and all will be good.

MadrMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2006 18:29
hehe, i installed it, but removed the usave. not that hard ^^ being a programmer.. install it, and just kill the process and move down to your folder wherever the app is installed and get rid of it, or let windows antispyware do it for you..

we'll all turn mad someday..
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 01:39
o.O I would have tried that, but I overestimated the little thing's intelligence.

How's the terrain editor look? Is it decent enough to warrant the workaround?

SirFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 06:07
I will not try this for 2 reasons:

1. There are no screenshots here.
2. Appearantly you are bundling spyware. Nobody wants that crap infesting their computers.

Ravencast
Years of Service
User Offline
haha, d/l'ed it and uninstalled the "when u save" crap...unfortunately, the demo refuses to work if the "when u save" is gone =P too bad, it looks like a decent editor...fix it up, get rid of "when u save" and put up again, looks nice =)

cheers,
Raven
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 07:04
yeah, fix it mate. I was looking forward to using this too.

Aust. Convention...get there!! http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=38799&b=2&p=1
Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 14:07
Norton got rid of the 'save' thing (detected it as Adware).

When in Trouble with anything visit here your number one stop for help
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
looks like half russian editor to me

MyNewSite:http://gogetax.com
Forums(About BLO and more):http://gogetax.com/forum
Tachyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 17:29

Screenshot...

If you realy think this is a good product and you need to get money to continue the development, sell it. Forcing users to install adware is realy *insert your opinion here, i might learn new words*. If you sell it, users can decide if they would like to use it, make demo so they can try it and see if they like it. Filling it up with crap is just a way of forcing people to pay, and those people pay with their time, mental health etc, not money.

I didnt intall it, but It's possible to create awesome landscapes from heightmaps created in paint/photo shop or gimp, so how this competes with them. I just needed a terrain editor and I choosed gimp.

I would like to ask how much money the whenu save gives, If it gives like 0,1$ from every installation and you would have sold it with 1$ considering the fact that you just lost 90% of users, how this is better opinion?

tiffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 01:42
I'd say 100%. no producer wants their nice looked after pc infested with horrible adware.

They have the internet on computers now
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 21:22
Same here,

Managed to get it downloaded and installed, but since not a single key worked, the difficulty of the installing and the lacking of a GUI, I uninstalled everything again 10 sec later.

And ofcourse, I did a complete virus scan cuz I don't trust that whenusave.

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2006 18:43
If the author does not respond here soon, I will delete this post, as it seems everyone is getting adware from this product.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 01:02
Quote: "No special software and hardware required to use this software"
Quote: "2. Appearantly you are bundling spyware. Nobody wants that crap infesting their computers."

Doesn't match up does it

Theme park simulator wip boards

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2006 14:59
"That's what people invented lies for, sweetie"

Alex UNGSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, now we have in the development VTM 2.0 - (Professional Edition). This new version will include convenient GIU, more tools, No "Whenu Save!". But this next version will be shareware, and available for free to try.
We already have VTM 2.0 beta-version (without any adware and unfortunately without documentation). The new GIU is easy and I think it's not a problem to use the beta version without a help. If you wish to test this beta then please send a message to our techncal support at: support'at(@)'ungsoft.com

Screenshots for VTM v.1.3 available at our website.
WhenU isn't spyware - it's adware and does not send your personal information to WhenU. It only sometimes displays ads (2-3 times per day). And uninstallation of this software isn't a problem. You can visit www.whenu.com to learn about their adware.

VTM 1.2 was 100% freeware (without "Save!").

Now I understand that you don't agree to use adware. That's why next version will be shareware.

But what you can say about code examples?
Do you think VTM will be usable and useful tool if we release Professional edition with GIU, new tools, etc.?

Sorry for tardy anwers, I have no a lot of time. And thanks for you advices. We appreciate your opinions.

--
UNGSoft Developers Group
Alex UNGSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Also you can find Visual Terrain Maker v. 1.1 (absolutely free from adware) at www.download.com. They do not allow to include any kind of adware to the installation package.
Please visit the following link to get this program from their archive:
http://www.download.com/Visual-Terrain-Maker/3000-6677_4-10434488.html
This is older version and sometimes it may not work and crashes but it was really popular at download.com and you can use "X-landscapes" created using VTM 1.1 with our new souce code demos included in the version 1.3.

--
UNGSoft Developers Group

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:39:01
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:39:01