Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / House of the dead

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 09:34
Using scripts or whatever can you create a game like house of the dead. So you cannot move but the computer moves for you??????

Help would be nice...
Ty Ty Ty

I was Jacko but I changed my name.
Holly-Cat-Games
Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 11:01 Edited at: 26th Apr 2006 11:01
Hells yeah. At least I think so, I'm working on one now.
Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 22:22
how do you do it

I was Jacko but I changed my name.
Holly-Cat-Games
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 22:27 Edited at: 26th Apr 2006 22:28
You could have triggerzones on the way that locks the player and then some monsters or something spawns in front of the player,then the player is released and the player walks to the next triggerzone, etc.

You could make small passages where you want the player to be locked, so you dont have to use so many zones.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 03:08
To add to Antimatter's idea, could you also use the plrmove commands to make it even more HOTD'ish, with the engine actually moving you (as in "plrmoveup=x" and "plrmoveeast=x" etc.)? Never tried the command so I wouldn't know, but just a guess.

Evil has a new name.
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2006 17:30
@Jiffy

Those commands doesnt work. I have tested those but nothing happened. Uman tried too in all possible ways but still with no result.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 01:00 Edited at: 28th Apr 2006 01:02
Fair enough, Antimatter.

Too bad, I guess. Although, since I know "plrmoveto" must work (it's been used in scripts before), could you move the player to trigger zones/checkpoints (although I've heard problems with the latter)? I don't know if you can (the script I saw simply moved the player to the win zone, but I would imagine they work the same), but I'd like to find out.

Anyway, I'm probably just dreaming. Thanks for the info, Anti.

Evil has a new name.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 03:07
Maybe your thinking to hard. What I would do, is have the player locked on the spot, so that they cant move, but can turn and shoot. I would then have the whole level as an entity which would move using animation. You could then add black alpha walls and floors to box in monsters, so that they can walk and not get stuck on the entity. Once you kill all the monsters, have the entity play the next animation.

How you produce the entity is up to you. But this isnt some thing, some one with no modelling experience should try.

Papa Lazarou: Your my wife now!

Model Pack: Tools: http://www.league-of-lunatics.co.uk/3d/tools.htm
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
isnt house of the dead light gun?
that was a fun game the 1st one was the best!

Sexy Latina
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2006 07:13
Why not take Higgins' suggestion a step further, and have the immobile player stand on top of an entity that follows a waypoint?

Avaric Entertainment
Team Leader/Lead Developer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:21:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:21:58