Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / BSP Compiler

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How do you make a bsp without owning any games that use bsps. can I turn an X into a BSP how bout a 3ds? Why do I have to own id software games to make bsps?

Anyway all help is appreciated.

Wayne
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 14:16
-I have to own id software games to make bsps

Ah the Eternal question. :-s

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Yskonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 17:01
Well that's something I want to know also...

I don't understand; Quark is being recommended in the resources center, though no tutorial on how to use Quark for DBP purposes is present.
For Quark to build a BSP map you must have the compile tools installed, which in turn need the executable of the game where they are originally used for...

Could someone please setup a small guide in how to make BSP's with Quark for use in DBP?

Thanks

Yskonyn -
"It's better to wish down here you were up, then to wish up there you were down."
"The ONLY time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 17:16 Edited at: 24th Mar 2003 17:19
you have to own them because how else will you test them?

well what you could do is actually install the demo's of the games and your good to go. But then not many people know that lol

[edit-]

also how else are you suppose to have a good selection of textures at your diposal if you don't use what already comes with the game... plus the fact the texture files are BLOODY huge, infact they are the bulk of these games.
To redistribute the first level in Quake your talking the better part of 5Mb on its own ... there are 4x 10 levels ... thats 40x5 which is 200mb!!
and each consecutive version only gets larger with more textures.

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
Raven Raven Raven.... sigh

I don't need to rip textures and models from some other game. I can make my own textures, and they rock. As for your question about testing it. That's what DBPros for right!? That's where I'm writing the game...or maybe yall thought i was a mod writer...well I'm not.

Wayne

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 14:26:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 14:26:05